Emission Fix

skromfols

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 Jaguar XE TDI, 2014 Sportwagen TDI
Does anyone know yet what the fix is going to be for the 2014 TDI? I'm hoping that it will be a program change rather than a mechanical fix. If they have to add the Blue Def I have no idea where they'll put the tank, and if they can solve the problem with a change to the engine management system I'll just let them make their change, then go back to my Malone 1.5 Tune.

Stan

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
No known fix yet. There's some threads in the Dieselgate forum that have way more information about the topic then I could remember to retype here lol.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Nobody really knows. It would seem to me that if it were something relatively simple and inexpensive, they'd have already done it.

However the EPA was allowing a partial fix, allowing for a significant reduction in NOx levels, but even that may be difficult.

Mine will not be receiving any "fix" unless it is proven to work without any issues. Right now I will most likely just install a DPF delete, retune the car, and motor on. It needs a DPF anyways (which is why I was able to get it cheap). But since it is missing a pedal, it isn't the ideal car for me to keep. I already have several buyers for it once a DPF delete/software is installed should I choose to sell it.

Really wanting a Sportwagon with a manual. I have one here now, but it has a pano roof which makes me want to punch kittens and I am not sure I will be able to beat Volkswagen's offer on this car, and there isn't anything "wrong" with it so it isn't like I can score it on the cheap anyway.

Have another Sportwagon I am thinking about that is essentially brand new at only 27k miles. It too has a pano roof, though. :rolleyes:

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
Have another Sportwagon I am thinking about that is essentially brand new at only 27k miles. It too has a pano roof, though. :rolleyes:
as Don says, and I paraphrase, drive more, worry less.
I like the way you're thinking re: DPF delete and tune. I already have the Malone 1.5 so will talk to the guy who tuned it about going that 'extra mile'. OR VW can just buy me out.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The pano roof is a problem waiting (but probably not too long) for a place the dump water
Biggest problem I have with them is the sun load (the shade doesn't cut it) and the fact that they creak and pop in the cold. Since this one here with the manual I have driven quite a bit also has a dead radio (common), I get to listen to the awful sounds the pano roof makes in an otherwise reasonably tight car. The poor quality tires, and 17s at that, don't help.

Seriously I think the creaking in the roof would drive me bat crap crazy.