Struts and shocks 05 Passat

Brian's96TDIPASSAT

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI SEL 14 Passat SEL, bought back by VW 11 Golf TDI, bought back by VW 05 Passat TDI 96 Passat TDI, sold
I just installed Sachs struts and shocks on my daughters 05 sedan. 200K, other than shocks and struts at 100K suspension is original. I foolishly used Napa struts and shocks last time. Connecticut roads are brutal but I have to say these are 100% better than the Napa's, they were way to stiff. The car feels like new again.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
I just installed Sachs struts and shocks on my daughters 05 sedan. 200K, other than shocks and struts at 100K suspension is original. I foolishly used Napa struts and shocks last time. Connecticut roads are brutal but I have to say these are 100% better than the Napa's, they were way to stiff. The car feels like new again.
So what are you saying here...you like a mushy suspension?:eek:

Brian's96TDIPASSAT

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI SEL 14 Passat SEL, bought back by VW 11 Golf TDI, bought back by VW 05 Passat TDI 96 Passat TDI, sold
So what are you saying here...you like a mushy suspension?:eek:
What I'm saying is our CT roads are one of the worst in the country. My daughter drives the car and lets just say she's not as careful as I am about driving around pot-holes. My 15 Golf has 18's and it could even stand for 16's on these roads. I have a SCCA pro racing license and if I want something to handle like it's on rails I'd rather be on the track. When commuting, I"ll take comfort

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
What I'm saying is our CT roads are one of the worst in the country. My daughter drives the car and lets just say she's not as careful as I am about driving around pot-holes. My 15 Golf has 18's and it could even stand for 16's on these roads. I have a SCCA pro racing license and if I want something to handle like it's on rails I'd rather be on the track. When commuting, I"ll take comfort
My last visit to CT, last November, to visit family, made a believer out of me that the state has given up spending money on fixing roads. I lived there 30 years ago when the state had no personal income tax and was run efficiently (somewhat). Now that industry has been chased out, ugh! Boy how things have changed.