looking for Auto Tech Instructor

crummie

TDI
2003 Golf silver
I recently became aware of an opportunity that might be of some interest to forum members in the Midwest Region.
Oakland City University, the state-wide vendor for correctional education services in Indiana, is actively seeking a qualified instructor for Auto Technology at Westville Correctional Facility. Currently, I work for OCU as an administrative assistant in the Education Department at Westville, and it struck me that this opportunity for employment may appeal to those members with a desire to share their demonstrable auto tech experience with highly motivated adult learners.
The position is full-time and the Auto Tech Program consists of 18-20 students learning fundamental tech skills in the usual sub-systems of automotive repair and diagnosis (brakes, suspension, drive train, electrical, etc.). You need not be a certified mechanic, nor is the position restricted to those with diesel expertise, but a demonstrable history of employment in an automotive-related environment is essential.
The facility is a large and sprawling “campus” setting, currently housing approximately 2800 inmates (but only a tiny fraction of the latter pursue adult-level vocational education). The Auto Tech Program has been in existence for over 25 years and is conducted in a large, well-equipped shop with a steady flow of staff vehicles brought in for teaching purposes.
If you’ve ever had the inclination to teach, but lack the traditional credentials, and want to make a difference in the lives of men eager to benefit from your skills, please contact us.

Contact: Education Department/Westville Correctional Facility (219) 785-2511 (x) 4670

Last edited:

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Please edit for contact information.