Replacment for displacment!!!!!

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
So we pretty much have the new engine built up and ready to go into the car. We have some pics of the engine before it goes in.Turbos are gt3571klnv and 4082klnv.

Theres just a few teasers for you guys,, Till dyno day.:cool:

Last edited:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I'm trying to figure out what it used to be lol and a twin turbo too! Now that'll be interesting, I want to see some good youtube vids:D

jjordan11

Veteran Member
TDI
1988 Audi 80 quattro PD130, 1982 Westfalia TDI
I can't wait to get home from work to see the pictures, darn work filters.

NoJoke

Veteran Member
Looks like a compound setup to me and a large one at that!

Ok give us the whole recipe don't hold back now:p

Pistons/size?
Still using that cast head you made(doesn't look like it)?
4bt pump?
custom injectors?
valve job?

C'mon now give it!

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
I'm only seeing it go to one intake port. - nevermind, I'm on a small laptop and I see it now.

UsArmyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta (rip)
Please do tell! I'm verry intrested in power out put and what kind of internals its running. How much displacement? Boost pressure? I have a recepe in my head that I'm going to need some help with.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Love it, Engineering at it's finest!

brnsgrbr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GOLF GTI converted to GTD
Educate me if you do not mind.
The exhaust is fed to both turbines.
The compressor output of the bigger turbo feeds the smaller turbo? Am I seeing that correctly? The big turbo gets the fresh air from airbox right?

I just thought that I had read before that smaller turbos spool up faster than the big turbos. So in my uneducated logic, shouldn't the small turbo feed the bigger turbo?

This thing is the definition of serious that is for sure. I am going to follow this thread.

Thanks in advance for educating me.

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Thumbs up for being the one who tries things out of the ordinary. And isn't afraid of custom parts :D It will be the most powerfull ALH based TDI in a car by far.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Andy does really well in terms of power. Now it looks like he will be able to hold it better. Nice block reinforcement Andy! Pm me....I will soon have pix of the head I'm building..... should be good. I kind of like the girdle....slick.

jjordan11

Veteran Member
TDI
1988 Audi 80 quattro PD130, 1982 Westfalia TDI
It was worth the wait. As chill said, I love the oil pan/block reinforcement.

D_Bat

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
The reason why you stick the smaller turbo after the bigger turbo is so that when the smaller turbo start spooling it will start sucking air through the bigger turbo and it will assist in spooling up the turbo. Now you not only have the exhaust spooling it but the intake air being sucked through it will help it spool. I wondered why they did it that way on the diesel trucks until I thought about it for a few. It might delay the spool up for the smaller turbo a little but what your main goal is to get that big one going.

kenmaira

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Mk4 2001 1.9 ALH
The reason why you stick the smaller turbo after the bigger turbo is so that when the smaller turbo start spooling it will start sucking air through the bigger turbo and it will assist in spooling up the turbo. Now you not only have the exhaust spooling it but the intake air being sucked through it will help it spool. I wondered why they did it that way on the diesel trucks until I thought about it for a few. It might delay the spool up for the smaller turbo a little but what your main goal is to get that big one going.
Thanks for the explanation, I had no idea either :p

I started the R&D phase of my project ALH engine, but I'm fairly sure that it won't ever measure up to this!

brnsgrbr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GOLF GTI converted to GTD
Thanks for explaining.

Once that big one is going full force, pressure, & CFM volume, won't the output be limited going through the smaller chamber/diameter of the small turbo?

No matter what, this thing is to be a stump yank'n, yaught tow'n beast!

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
The compression ratio is 14-14.5:1 can't remember exactly.Still using 79.5mm bore with a little more pistion to cylinder clearance.We need to keep the block as rigid as possible with such high cylinder pressure.

Cunningham rods,diamond pistons,total seal rings,comp cams valve springs,valves form techtonics tuning reworked to be setup with solid lifters,Fass electric fuel pump. A-pump form 4bt cummins with 10mm plungers and maxed out fueling (250cc's).Cummins nozzles 5x.017" (I think),Turbo's are from 4 and 6 cyl hino engines.Kind of proud to say that both turbo's and exh manifold are ebay stuff ;).Probably have $300-400 into the turbo's and manifold.

Still has stock cam and crank.probably could use a better cam but aparently a hydraulic cam would'nt be correct to use with solid lifters even though I'm using a the stock cam which was made for hydraulic.I'm confused about the difference between solid lifter cam's and hydraulic cam's ??

Last years dyno with different turbo's made 345 whp @ approx 4100rpm.I think we should be 400-450 bhp this time around.I Plan on running 60-80 psi boost tuning will let me know where I want it.

mk1-83

Veteran Member
TDI
LUPO 1.9 tdi 300+ hp
Looks like a mini tractorpulling engine in the garderpulling class the ride with 1.9tdi with 350+HP at 8000rpm! Search on YouTube mini gardenpullers. Great build

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Are both VNT's controlled via Boost actuators rather than Vacuum?

UsArmyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta (rip)
ok, so more displacement and less boost wouldent work out in this case? what is the purpse of this motor? what drive train can handle this thing? do we have a TQ number for it? how do you keep egts under control? what kind of intercooling? what does your IATs look like?

sorry for asking so many questions. i have a "project" im getting ready for. not quite as wild as this one, but im just trying to gather info right now.