Indianapolis TDI'ers UNITE!

Would a GTG June 7th or 8th work for everyone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mopower

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW
Your shop is really close to me DCELL, let us know if you need any help with finishing touches. Would be nice to have a local GTG again

Last edited:

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GOLF 2DR, ‘15 Passat SEL TDI
Mopower I know you were relocating to the area- where did you end up? I see your location, but Vandweller could be anywhere!

mopower

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW
I'm off 146th. Is your shop on your own land or did you find something affordable to rent? I'm on the lookout for some storage / shop space at a reasonable rate.

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
I bought. I looked off and on for five years, finally found one I liked. Pole barn is nice but already not big enough. Having it spray insulated this week then I'm going to start moving in and building it out.

wiltech

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
I bought. I looked off and on for five years, finally found one I liked. Pole barn is nice but already not big enough. Having it spray insulated this week then I'm going to start moving in and building it out.
Who's spraying it?
Open or closed cell?
How thick?

I'm hoping to get mine insulated this spring.

Let me know when you're ready to do the glow plugs and harness ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

mopower

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW
I'd love to buy you a beer and hear about the details. You are doing exactly what i would like to do. I've been talking about it for a few years but never made the jump.

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
A local guy is doing it, his shop is in Westfield. I can get you his contact info. Since I have no plan to heat it other than times I'm working out there, I'm doing one inch of rigid foam (closed cell) on the walls and 3" of open cell on the ceiling and gables. The advantage of open cell on the ceiling is that if the roof leaks, water won't get trapped and rot out the roof purlins. It's also cheaper so I can go a little thicker. Closed cell is a lot more rigid, so it won't get beat up on the walls. It should average about r6 or 7. That doesn't sound like much, but sealing out the wind by itself is a huge advantage. I can't wait until it's done. It's killing me not being able to start moving in.
Glow plugs/ harness whenever. I can do it in the old garage unless you want to wait.
Mopower - I'm always up for a beer!

Last edited:

fyrsail

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 DSG golf- wife stole it
Free stuff

I am currently eliminating all mk4 things from my collection
I have
Koni yellow front and rear shocks and struts new in box
Side marker lights
Euro switch
1 wheel with tire
1set of injectors
Som jacks and wrenches
Please call my cell if you know anyone interested
832823 8377 parts are local in Indy on the north side

Last edited:

Jogglebot

TDI
MK6 TDI
Crossbars, bike rack, winter mats, and cargo blocks available for sale. Off my MK6 Jetta (2012). PM if interested. NOW ENJOY THE WEATHER IN INDY TODAY!

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
OK so it's been forever since anyone has posted in here. I'm feeling sentimental so I'll give it a shot.
So many of my TDI friends have moved away in the last few years, or moved on to other cars. The "scandal" seems to have scared off a lot of buyers of newer TDI's. Older cars are being sold and replaced with other brands. "Good" older cars are so hard to find now, and repair work often outweighs the cost of the car itself. VW's reputation seems to be damaged beyond repair, especially when it comes to diesel. Sometimes I wonder why I've held onto my car for 17 years, but then I wonder what I'd ever replace it with if it was gone.
I don't really have a point to all this, other than to say that I appreciate all of my regular customers, and thanks to everyone that continue to bring cars to me for work even if they aren't all TDI's anymore. Those that are seem to be on their third or fourth timing belt by now- and that's why I keep timeserts handy! My new shop is the perfect place for a GTG, maybe someday I'll get my butt in gear and host another one.

MojoVlad

TDI
04 Jetta
New to the forum, recently purchased a 04 Jetta, it is currently at Jeff’s getting a few things repaired, looking forward to learning about the diesel life.