Stereo-spkr wiring for Monsoon/non-Monsoon?

m9431

TDI
2002 golf tdi white
I'd like to eliminate the amplifier from my 2005 Golf's Monsoon audio system, just using the Clarion head unit's internal amplifier. (OK, some will wonder why, but I prefer the sound of my '02 Golf's non-Monsoon system. Dealer tells me that the headunits are the same except for the Monsoon logo.) It appears that all speaker wires go to the amplifier mounted in the left rear hatch. I'd have to re-route wires to the head unit, then will need a plug to connect all speakers to the head unit. Anyone do this before? Know where the speaker wires from the doors are so that I can locate them? Anyone know where to get a speaker connector for the head unit? Will I need VAGCOM to re-program the head unit?

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Why not just disconnect the connectors at the Monsoon amp and jumper between "in" and "out"? That would be a lot easier.

Let me explain. Monsoon head unit sends "line-out" level to the amp. The amp sends speaker level to the speakers. Yes, there's coding for Monsoon/non-Monsoon, but I don't think you're going to get the effect you desire even if you change it.

Last edited: