Napa gold 7210 oil filter

Honcho12

TDI
2013 Jetta
I was in my local Napa store today and decided to ask if they had a filter for my '05 Golf TDI. It was a Napa Gold 7210, it has to o rings but I did not notice any type of baffle inside it as I have heard about. It says "made in Poland" and does not say "top" on it . Has anybody used this filter? It is like $7.90 and my nearest dealer is 60 miles away. Thanks.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
If it's the same part number as they sell for my 2003 TDI Jetta, than it's a Wix filter - supposed to be pretty good... (call the store and ask if the part number's the same...). There _IS_ a baffle inside: should look like a solid tube running from the bottom towards the top at the center of the filter... closed at the bottom, open at the top... I wish they'd put a marking on the top end, but...

I assume you know that you MUST use a VW 505.01 rated oil, yes??? Where are you getting that, and if you're mail-ordering, why didn't you order a filter kit at the same time??

Good luck,

Yuri.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
If it has no baffle inside it an ok filter but not the right one. I will admit I am a fanatic and I know that there are filters out there with the identical outside but no baffle and the baffle helps the oil pressure rise quickly IIRC. So I would order a filter from www.tdiparts.com and know that you are getting the right filter.

If does not say top in some language on one end it is not an OEM exact replacement.

Honcho12

TDI
2013 Jetta
I didn't but the filter I just asked and checked it out. I know the other Napa gold filters are made by Wix but don't know about this one. There was no baffle inside, just staight thru. My walmart also sells the fram which is a Mann.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
You can also buy the Wix oil filters, identical to the NAPA Gold filters, from www.rockauto.com for considerably less than NAPA charges. They are excellent filters, IMO.

Nothing wrong with a Fram filter, if it is in fact a repackaged Mann filter. Otherwise I'd avoid Fram.