ABS code 01276

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I disconnected my battery today to replace some parts and when I reconnected it, I got this code immediately upon startup. The code read:

01276 ABS hydraulic pump(V64)
16-10-signal outside specification - intermittent

I cleared it several times, but it reappeared immediately.

I also had problems with my radio too, but that is not as important as the ABS light. It went into safe mode, as usual when a battey is disconnected, but stayed in safe mode. It would not let me enter the code. So I waited the mandatory 1 hour with the radio on & key in the ignition to reset the safe mode so I could enter the code. Sure enough, after 1 hour, the SAFE disappeared and it allowed me to enter the code. But after entering the code, it would not accept it. I tried it again and it locked me out again. I have used this code in the past, so I know it works.

Could the sparking of the battery terminals while disconnecting & reconnecting them sent a current through the radio & ABS controler and fried something? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

TDItech

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI GLS Galactic Blue, 2000 Eurovan with ALH fromthe 02 Jetta
Sorry to say, but the rdio probably died from the spike. Have seen this before /images/graemlins/frown.gif. On the ABS thing, check the three fuses on top of the battery. One of these is the fuse for the pump.