Service Reset - Audi TDI

muffin

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 1.9 TDI SE Avant 130bhp
Hi all love the forums, loads of useful info but i cant seem t find any to answer this :
I have an audi a6 2002 TDi 1.9 130 bhp and i have just reset the service interval after doing home service, fed up with dealer prices.
Can anyone else out there scan there and give me the figures they have for Instruments :
Channel : 2,41,42,43,44,45 - basically all the service adaptation details.
All mine seems to add up except the channel 45 figure, mine is reading 3 for oil quality and accroding to the information i have it should be 4, but be interesting see hat others have as my max interval is also set to 22....
Muffin

Uwe

Vendor , w/Business number
Channel 45 for that cluster:

1 = Fixed Service Intervals
2 = Flexible Service Intervals for Gasoline/Petrol Engines
3 = Flexible Service Intervals for 6-Cylinder Diesels
4 = Flexible Serivce Intervals for 4-Cylinder Diesels

-Uwe-

muffin

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the fast response ;-)

Uwe,

many thanks for this i was hoping you where on-line, i will amend to 4 in line with the fact mine is a 4 cylinder..

vag com is a superb product i have been using for ages and will be upgrading soon to a dedicated interface as i am currently stuck on the old version with the dumb interface...

Apart from changing this does anthing else need changing for home services...once you have rest the service interval. i did mine by the dash initially and it always resets all the adaptations...

keep up the great work with vag com.

Chris

Uwe

On many cars, resetting the service intervals without a scan-tool (i.e. using the buttons on the cluster) will revert the intervals to "fixed" rather than flexible.

If you're going to change "Oil Quality" setting in channel 45, you should go through the rest of the channels afterwards to verify that they values in them are what you want. On many clusters, there's a specific order in which you have to save the channels, and it's not in the numerical sequence. I don't see that documented for yours, but that could be an omission. You may still want to do it in the following order:
45, 42, 43, 44, 40, 41, 46, 47, 48

In the next version, we're looking at having a single screen showing all SRI relevant channels, with a drop-down menu which will put standard values in them, plus of course the ability to tweak them, with a one-button SAVE that does it in the correct order...

-Uwe-

muffin

Veteran Member
TDI
Uwe,

Thanks again, yeah i always take a reading from all the others as once you change the oil quality it resets the distance you have covered so far and days etc, so i make a note and then once changed adjust back to put the servicing back on track.

Useful pot for anyone else using vag com to not the order of change, thanks again for the response,

My only concern is since this car was new it has only ever done 18K miles between services and i know other A4's not A6's that do more (24K), so i think and i am only guessing as i have only had it the last 3 services it has always been set to oil quality 3.... maybe it is because it is a A6 or the dealer has not changed this or it was wrong since new... as i know the previous owner and he always said he checked the service indicator and after a service it read 22k miles (same when i set to 3) if i set to oli quality 4 it says 30K miles... so i will have to monitor... or it is something to do with this specific car, when i get to the dealer next i will check as i know a technician there...

thanks again for the respons eand sorry for rambling on a bit but its never straight forward with cars...

Keep up the good work

Chris

Uwe

[Rant=OffTopic]
Personally, I think those service intervals are insane. If I owned that car, I'd change the oil much more frequently than that, especially if I was planning on keeping it for a long time.
[/Rant]

It's possible that whomever owned it originally agreed with my sentiment and asked the dealer to set the car up for more frequent services and the dealer did that by twiddling channel 45. But we can only speculate.

-Uwe-