Help! E-brake light and beep,beep,beep

yanny

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS
Not coolant migration

I pulled the plug off the coolant bottle to inspect it yesterday. No signs of coolant or moisture at the plug. Thank God!

I'm going to change the brake fluid this weekend.

I tried driving my buddies jetta around with the ebrake on. It didn't beep.
He said the only time he had a similar thing happen was when his brake fluid was low. Can somebody pull the ebrake up one notch and take a little spin and let me know if their car beeps...

Getting Desperate here

b1jackson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf - Gone in BUYBACK. Replaced with 2015 Golf
I still think that you have a leak somewhere in your brake system....caliper or line? The little very sensitive sensor for your fluid level in the reservoir could be trying to tell you this.

Let me know what you find out. Your problems are our problems:cool:

yanny

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS
Went to the dealer over lunch

They had a tech drive the car and hook up a scan tool. nothing showed up and he gave me a wiring diagram for the ebrake switch which is supposed to be open. I'm going to unhook the switch and see if there is a diff. Next will be to swap brake fluid reservoir caps. Next inspect all brake lines.

Tech said a different light would come on if it was the sensor in the brake pads. I had already determined the same thing with my owners manual...

yanny

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS
Fixed it

I bad mouthed the car all afternoon, called it every name in the book. I went out to drive it home after work and the light was gone and the chime was gone too.

After work I checked to see if the snow screen was plugged up, it's been removed and I removed the battery and checked all the connections for corroision.

I've started and driven the car a few times and still no light and horn. My fingers are crossed here

Nothern_Sky

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta A3 97, Jetta A4 2001, Jetta A5 2006, Jetta A4 2010
Yanny, my car is a 01 Jetta and I HAD (momentary) the same issue you have now.

My EEEEEEEEEE-brake light stays when is too cold outside or humudity is high, I already changed the cap on the brake reservoir, the e-brake switch and found nothing.

I have several months whitout the problem but still have my fingers crossed as you do now.

If you do a search, you will find my post also on the issue.

Mine did as yours, but somethimes "flickers" and is more anoying than have a constant EEEEEEEE. After several minutes or miles it will stay the light on, but the beep will go until you stop and drive again (I have been there).
BTW I used to whenever I get out of the car to put the EEEEEEE-brake, maybe "something" worn, but that is a VW mystery.

Last edited:

yanny

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS
I'm pretty sure

selling the car will fix all of my VW related problems. I have spent $8,000 in 8,000kms. The gas milage is great and gets better everytime I take another stack of bills out of my pocket!:mad: :mad: :mad:

yanny

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS
mostly

due to a runaway engine condition caused by a turbo that failed. 3 shops and 6 months later it was concluded that all conecting rods were bent which caused the engine to run poorly as if it was out of time although vag com showed it was within spec. The speed sensor on the crank was damaged at the same time. The engine rebuild was around $5000 and the previous shops through all kinds of parts at the car including an injection pump, turbo, glow plugs, injectors and such which would account for the other $3000.

I'm still having boost related problems after puting on a reman turbo. I was getting overboost, now I'm getting underboost according to the codes from the ecm.

I'm gonna replace vaccuum lines from the N75 first, if the problem persists, I will replace the N75.

With overboost the car went like hell until it went in limp, now the car is sluggish and goes into limp around 80 mph. MAF checks out fine.

philsbug

TDI
2000 Silver NB
Its the ABS fuse

Happened to me two days ago. Working on testing out the a/c. Must have sent juice back into the system trying to test the low pressure switch. The a/c light will come on, but the recirculation will not. Changed the 5 amp for abs. Works fine. Except a/c is still out.

lam121

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf GL - Blue Anthracite
I feel you pain bc I had a rogue ebrake light and beeping for while - very annoying. I cleaned the ground wires underneath the battery and it went away. Simpler than doing brake work - worth a shot in your case.

Dirty Pile

TDI
2002 Golf
My 02 Golf started doing the light-beep thing, last weekend while in Seattle on the hills downtown. Only does it facing up-hill leading me to believe my fluid is low. I'll check tonight and report.

Dirty Pile

TDI
2002 Golf
Topped off the fluid, it was above the low line but I got it up to the full line. While in Seattle again last weekend for the Supercross, no light, no beeping.

Thanks for the info

perley03

TDI
Jetta
yanny said:
Anybody want an 01 Jetta TDI with a rebuilt engine, new turbo, and a really good brake light and warning chime???
Want to trade it for a 2000 Jeep Wrangler with a new soft top, 90,000 on motor, 160,000 on chassis?

Ryan04

TDI
2003 VW Jetta
brake light indicator/beeping while driving and no AC

No VAG-COM for that light. Brake wear indicator has it's own light.

Three things can turn it on; 1) brake handle not fully released (or the switch damaged), 2) brake fluid level low (or sensor damaged), 3) Major ABS fault (ABS light will be on as well).

The fused source of power for that circut also feeds the "AC" button on your HVAC controls. I have had a short in a neighboring circut blow the fuse and keep the light on. The cluster does not know the difference - it just has signal on the park brake wire. Had a girl come in with no ac and brake warning beeping away the whole time see's driving it. The fan control module was causing a short back up the wire to the "AC" button and blowing the fuse.

Check under the brake handle, as the switch may be stuck or have corroded contacts.

Jason
I am having the same issue (e.g. brake light indicator/beeping while driving and no AC). This was after a penny shorted out the cigarette lighter and I replaced the fuse. I'm guessing the short caused some other electrical issue but all other fuses are fine. I've checked the fluid, brake pads, and both switches in the brake pedal and parking brake and everything looks fine. However, there is no supply voltage going to the parking brake switch when I measured with a voltmeter...checked with car on/off and while parked/driving. Any ideas on what would cause this or what else I can check?

Edit: I have a 2003 VW Jetta, 2.0L gas engine.

Last edited:

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
You need to post more details than "VW Jetta". Maybe then I can look up your car and check which fuse powers those things.

Jason

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Check fuses S11 (5A), S5 (7.5A), S7 (10A). S5 supplies power to G65 AC pressure switch, J293 FCM, re-circulation motor, and 15 to DLC. S7 also connects to F4 back up switch. S11 connects to cluster. All three are ignition switched power.

Brake switch doesn't get power directly - it just provides a ground to cluster. But the control circuit in the cluster get power from the same place as AC control does.

Jason

Ryan04

TDI
2003 VW Jetta
Turns out F5 was missing a fuse. I must have moved it by accident when checking fuses for another issue. Put in a new 7.5 amp mini fuse and everything started working again. Thanks, Jason.

Last edited:

vwsnaps

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Turns out F5 was missing a fuse. I must have moved it by accident when checking fuses for another issue. Put in a new 7.5 amp mini fuse and everything started working again. Thanks, Jason.

THANKS YOU.. I have been chasing this issue for 2 days... been reading through every solution.... never checked that f5 fuse. was blown and replaced it no more brake light warning...