Valero Energy Corp. Stock Appreciation

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
I just happened accross the yearly appreciation for Valero stock. This company refines a fair amount of diesel fuel.

"52-Week Range (Low - High):28.90 - 70.75."

Its at about $65 a share now. That's a 65/29 X 100 or a 225% appreciation in one year!:eek:

The Valero link was in this article:

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/11/markets/oil.reut/index.htm

That is about the price of oil on the rise again, even though crude, gasoline and distilate stocks built up more than expected over the last week.

--Nate

SuburbanTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle TDI, and two Jetta TDI
225% in a year, you'd be a fool not to sell and take you're profits.

In order to sell at 225% higher you'll need to find a greater fool, someone willing to believe that a stock that goes up 225% will have no limit and continue to rise forever.

It's always nice to be long a stock that goes up 225%, but being long and up 225 is a world apart from buying in at 225 higher.

SuburbanTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
For what it's worth VLO is followed by 28 Analysts, their Average Target Price is $72.68. The stock is currently at 65.30. (so, we are far closer to what the pro's believe will be the end of the move then the beginning....)

Last edited:

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
With all the comotion generated by Exxon-Mobile profits recently, you'd think their stock appreciation would be better. Here are their numbers:

52-Week Range (Low - High):52.78 - 65.96. 63.75 is the current price.

(63.75/52.78) X 100% = 21%, not nearly as impressive as Valero.

--Nate

SuburbanTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
It's harder to generate popular delusions and madness in crowds with a company that has Trillion dollar revenues and profits that are an order of magnitude larger than VLO.

Remember that in the internet bust there were companies on track to be worth more than all of Wyoming, and others that were worth more than all of their brick and mortar competitors combined.

Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered.

gtveloce

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Silver 5dr Golf TDI 5spd (RIP)
They are expanding fairly quickly around where I work.
Three new locations in less than a year!
One used to be a Shell that I got my gas from all the time, and as soon as I got my TDI and switched to Valero - it became a Valero station the next week. :eek: