GTG at Meyerhoff Auto Haus in Austin TX. May 26th 2012

Craneguru

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle (sold), 2014 BMW 328d
I, too, will be attending. I had to wait to see what my calendar had in store prior to committing.

Robbie, Is there anything that I can bring? More food? More drink? I have a 10x10 pop-up awning, but haven't tried to see if it will fit in the NB.

Later,
CG

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
My son-in-law (Critter Motor Sports) will also be there. Please let us know what we can contribute. Thanks again, Robbie!
My SiL was scheduled to work, but I am still trying to talk my wife into going.

What can we bring?

cvairwerks

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 NB 2004 Audi A8L gasser 1999 A4 Avant gasser
I'm bummed as things have conspired to keep me away. The bug has suddenly lost it's cooling fans and air conditioning within the last week or so. That means the youngest would have to be left at home for the day. We also have had a big change in our strike operations on Thursday night that now requires me to be at our union hall Saturday morning and I can't get away from that until after noon.
I hope everyone has a good time, good food and a safe weekend.

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
Pop ups are always good to have. It gets sunny here :)

Bring folding chairs for yourselves.

We will have use of the for now vacant shop next to mine but no electricity. I can run an extension over there for a fan but like I said, only have one fan.

I think we are going to be good on food. HEB isn't too far away so we can go grab some more wieners if we start running low although this is probably going to be an overall sausage fest ;)

I am lacking motivation today on getting things cleaned up around here. The phone keeps ringing and the cardboard pile has only gotten BIGGER!

Chuckler3

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta 5sp (Alaska Green) 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI BEW 5-sp
Sorry I had to bail so early. That's work for ya. Next time definitely.

scharpestguy

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Many thanks for hosting Robby, my Wife ended up not killing me for taking her and the two boys to the GTG. Marin, thanks to you as well for the window up grade that allows the windows to go up and down from the key fob. This will come in very handy this hot summer.

Great to meet everyone,

Scharpe St Guy

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Very nice GTG Robbie! Thanks for the plate install and everything else. Nice food and beer setup and company!

Last edited:

kzoc

Veteran Member
TDI
97 A3 Jetta 1.9 TDI, and 6 Volvo's!
Thanks for the GTG, Robbie! Sorry I couldn't stay longer... There was a lot of knowledge to be had, and I wish I had know Marin was doing mods. I would have brought my wifes 09 TDI SW.:(

Roshermoore

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW DSG sunroof
Great GTG

:) Great GTG with a great people. Thanks so much Robbie and Jim for the plate install. I just wish Austin was not so far (at least it seems far to me). :)

Robert

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
I had very great time at GTG. Thank you Roby for everything.Food was very good , specially briskests :) ( thank you Mike).

I would love to thank everyone who let me do "remote windows up/down" mod.

runonbeer

TDI
OMG! I had so much fun! Thank you all so much for coming.

I don't have any pics to show because 1/2 the time I was doing something and the other 1/2 the time I didn't know where my phone was.

I seriously had a blast all day. Marin and Jim were kicking ass. Learned a lot from Charlie. Mike finally showed up with all 4 briskets after what sounded like the most hellacious SA to Austin trip ever with a beetle trailer tire blowout and dickhead road rager. After 700,000 miles Brian's car finally needed an alternator pulley.

Megan, Mogli and I went swimming over at Barton springs on the way home and it felt great!

Thanks everyone and especially to Bob, Mike, Jim, James and Brad at The Real Ale Brewery for making it happen!

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Robby-
Janet and I would like to thank you again for hosting this! We both had a great time and she was glad to have Megan's company while I was wandering around in the garage.

Excellent beer and a wonderful variety of home cooked food.

Thanks again to Mike for the delicious brisket! You almost converted Janet from being a vegetarian!

It was nice to meet so many good folks. I really enjoyed myself and look forward to the next time.

Rxfire

Veteran Member
TDI
2 each 03 5 speed Jetta wagons, 1 NA Isuzu P'up (a keeper)
It was a perfect day for a GTG, excellent learning event for me. Nice to see Jim, Robby, Grant, and Marin working, nice to see everyone's rides and meet everyone. Thanks for hosting Robby and Megan!

tleader

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Thanks for the hospitality. I was there for only a short while, but met some great folks and learned a little too. Thanks Robby for the GTG, it was my first and certainly not my last.

Craneguru

Veteran Member
TDI
Robby,

Thanks again for hosting this outstanding event. Good to meet a bunch a friendly TDI enthusiasts. I learned a lot from watching you, Jim, Marin, Grant, and Brian demonstrate your wrenching abilities.

James

Last edited:

Craneguru

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, I was really thinking about writing "demonstrating your specialties" instead of wrenching. And in his case, "demonstrating his specialty" means sitting over there going "beep beep beep ... ad nauseum." :D

But what the heck, he was making folks happy by making their windows roll down when they unlock the car. Just hope they never unlock their car during a typical spring 'turd-floater' downpour around here.:eek:

runonbeer

TDI
Ok I do have a couple of pics. First is the bad ass cake that Megan made (Megan was the hot chick in the green dress).

And I got a driveway shot. Kinda late in the game. I'd say we had around 40 cars total though not concurrently.

elbutler72

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI Sedan
Thanks again for hosting this! I had blast. Love the new headlight lenses and the remote window control.

When is the next one?