3.0L Values Lower Than Expected

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
Has anyone else registering a 3.0L noticed that the amounts are lower than they should be?

I specifically found and photographed the September 2015 NADA guide for VW, Porsche, and Audi (2009 to 2015) at my local library and created a spreadsheet to give me vehicle values. However, the buyback and fix restitution values I get from the portal are substantially lower than they should be.

For example, on my 2013 Q7 Prestige, the September 2015 NADA guide shows a clean retail value of $46,800. The car has rear seat entertainment, Nav, Power Sunroof, etc. What I'm getting at is that it definitely shouldn't lose any value due to lack of options.

Based on the $46,800 clean retail, the fix restitution ($3596.74 + 10% of clean retail) should be $8276.74, but is instead showing up as $7866.74, which puts my clean retail value at only $42,700. The range of potential fix restitution for a 2013 Q7 Prestige listed in the Settlement is $8274-$8834.

This is a significant (over $4000 or ~10%) difference. What is going on here?

Last edited:

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
You have completely left out the mileage, so we can't check your math. How many miles?

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
Oh! Then that seems pretty weird. I wonder if the claim line would be helpful? There were some 2012s that had totally wrong options associated with their VINs. These have since been fixed.

jking11

TDI
14-Touareg & 14-Q5
Flargabarg, I am not seeing how the math works either. I have 14's. A Q5 and a Touareg. I cannot make the simple math work either. I also have the NADA images from 9/15. This should a quick and easy process. I looked at the Amended Exhibit 3 and tried to make some sense from there, but again failed.

Mine is also complicated in that the Touareg I own is a special edition "X" which isn't in the guide at all. It's an limited edition upgraded Lux.

I am waiting to hear back from my class action atty. If I get a better explanation I will post more.

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
Flargabarg, I am not seeing how the math works either. I have 14's. A Q5 and a Touareg. I cannot make the simple math work either. I also have the NADA images from 9/15. This should a quick and easy process. I looked at the Amended Exhibit 3 and tried to make some sense from there, but again failed.

Mine is also complicated in that the Touareg I own is a special edition "X" which isn't in the guide at all. It's an limited edition upgraded Lux.

I am waiting to hear back from my class action atty. If I get a better explanation I will post more.
Please keep us posted on the response from the attorneys.

Also, if you'd care to share the "Estimated Fix payment" values you got and the Model/Trim of vehicles so we can get a bit of a database going, that would be great too.

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
What I'm trying to get at is that if they had some VINs wrong they certainly could have other ones wrong. The X thing has been an open question over on Club Touareg as well, so please do update us if you get a satisfactory answer.

jking11

TDI
14-Touareg & 14-Q5
Here is where I stand. Both vehicles have obtained the first approval. My wife and I are original owners of both vehicles, purchased new in 2014, and in Florida. There are no option uppers on the NADA for the Touareg. For the Q5 the only option I am unsure about is the driver assistance package, but I am assuming we do not have that and no options in the calculation below.

Mine 2014 Touareg X. Quote $7571.74. Amended Exhibit C Lux $7772 - $7784. Lux NADA calculation 3882.5 + 3596.74 = 7479.24

Wife 2014 Q5 Prestige S-Line. Quote $8389.24, Amended Exhibit C $8839 - $9114. NADA calculation 4955 + 3596.74 = 8551.74

Mileage numbers not necessary for this calculation.

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
So, clean retail:

2014 Touareg Lux should be $41,750 to $41,875
2014 Q5 Prestige S-Line should be $52,425 to $55,175

Instead, you're getting:

Touareg - $39,750 (5% reduction in value)
Q5 - $47,925 (8% to 13% reduction in value)

The Q5 difference is shocking. If they don't find a fix and end up buying the car back, you'd lose $7250 + tax at that valuation. Wow.

jking11

TDI
14-Touareg & 14-Q5
I am still waiting to hear back from my class action attorney about the "X". He claims they are looking into it. I have received both formal offer letters. Touareg went up to $7774.24 which puts it into the range expected. The Audi offer was unchanged.

After some trading email with my lawyer, the formula is simple and validating these numbers is simply 10% of the NADA value plus 3596.74.

As usual in our conversations, they talk of the fix being a done deal. They do not expect a buyback for Gen 2.0 3.0L cars.

I did notice the NADA pages I have are from November 2015, and not September. I cannot find the 2015 pages for September and for 3.0L's. I have found a few posts with images, but they don't have 3.0L data. Does any have these?

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
I am still waiting to hear back from my class action attorney about the "X". He claims they are looking into it. I have received both formal offer letters. Touareg went up to $7774.24 which puts it into the range expected. The Audi offer was unchanged.

After some trading email with my lawyer, the formula is simple and validating these numbers is simply 10% of the NADA value plus 3596.74.

As usual in our conversations, they talk of the fix being a done deal. They do not expect a buyback for Gen 2.0 3.0L cars.

I did notice the NADA pages I have are from November 2015, and not September. I cannot find the 2015 pages for September and for 3.0L's. I have found a few posts with images, but they don't have 3.0L data. Does any have these?
To follow up, mine were updated. Touareg was higher and Q7 for some reason had registered as a Premium+, rather than a prestige. Both issues fixed.

I don't like the way the attorneys are talking. Like you said, they seem so sure that the fix is a done deal, which worries me, because it will be on the attorneys to further litigate if performance does not meet the specified targets.

Basically, the EPA can approve a fix that massively increases DEF/fuel consumption and decreases power, and there is still no guarantee that the buyback will be triggered, only that VAG will pay a $500/vehicle penalty.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
To follow up, mine were updated. Touareg was higher and Q7 for some reason had registered as a Premium+, rather than a prestige. Both issues fixed.
I don't like the way the attorneys are talking. Like you said, they seem so sure that the fix is a done deal, which worries me, because it will be on the attorneys to further litigate if performance does not meet the specified targets.
Basically, the EPA can approve a fix that massively increases DEF/fuel consumption and decreases power, and there is still no guarantee that the buyback will be triggered, only that VAG will pay a $500/vehicle penalty.
Did you do anything to get it updated? Did it update in Offer Letter or some other place?

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
Yeah, when I finally received an offer letter, the value was the higher, correct value.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Yeah, when I finally received an offer letter, the value was the higher, correct value.
Damn you got lucky, or I got UN-lucky haha

Got 3 offer letters today for cars with half restitution on them.