VW settlement

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
I just got a call from my vw dealer yesterday that they were now able to sell all 2015 tdi's that were stopped from being sold. I couldn't pass on the price for a 15 jetta comfort line fully loaded Jetta. Once the Judge approves the beginning of the buy outs I will get 15000 + 6000 + for my 14 Jetta with 18000km.
I was told that the $6K sorry money on my 2014 Jetta is payable if and when the fix is available and done.

disisme

TDI
Any news on what's holding back the fix for the 2013 models?
I was told for my 2014 and all that were older than 2015 there is and won't be a fix. The 2015's were redesigned in the rear right panel area ( in the trunk) to house the fix.
I'm now told it may be mid summer until everything gets completed for the exchange for my 2014 for the 2015 I want to buy from the lot.

steveedub

TDI
2013 Golf Wagon
I was told for my 2014 and all that were older than 2015 there is and won't be a fix. The 2015's were redesigned in the rear right panel area ( in the trunk) to house the fix.
I'm now told it may be mid summer until everything gets completed for the exchange for my 2014 for the 2015 I want to buy from the lot.
Was it a dealer that told you all of this?

disisme

TDI
Was it a dealer that told you all of this?
Yes I was given the information from the sales person before signing up for their new 2015 TDI Jetta. I had just been there to pickup my 2014 for a O2 sensor replacement when I ran into the salesman I bought my two othe TDI's from and he had informed me I was on his call list to let me know he had 15 2015 TDI's to sell , I took one for test ride, he explained to me what was going on, I was still a bit confused and when I went back up with my wife he then gave me the entire explanation, why the pre 2015 couldn't have the fix ( 2015 rear trunk area had been modified during production for the fix) . Anyways I left there feeling comfortable with the entire VW ordeal.
Now the owner is telling me on April 28th when the Portal comes live there will be 103,000 affected TDI owners across Canada who will all be accessing the site and it will be a first come first serve to get the processing done. I left a $1000 deposit on the new 2015 TDI , still feeling a bit leary not so much about the 2015 and the 2 stage fix but more about is it going to take until the end of summer to complete the legal process and actually get the new car. Not sure about our U.S. neighbors about how smoothly this went over there or if they are all completed, I will be reading more to find out.
Sorry for the long blurb.

steveedub

TDI
2013 Golf Wagon
Yes I was given the information from the sales person before signing up for their new 2015 TDI Jetta. I had just been there to pickup my 2014 for a O2 sensor replacement when I ran into the salesman I bought my two othe TDI's from and he had informed me I was on his call list to let me know he had 15 2015 TDI's to sell , I took one for test ride, he explained to me what was going on, I was still a bit confused and when I went back up with my wife he then gave me the entire explanation, why the pre 2015 couldn't have the fix ( 2015 rear trunk area had been modified during production for the fix) . Anyways I left there feeling comfortable with the entire VW ordeal.
Now the owner is telling me on April 28th when the Portal comes live there will be 103,000 affected TDI owners across Canada who will all be accessing the site and it will be a first come first serve to get the processing done. I left a $1000 deposit on the new 2015 TDI , still feeling a bit leary not so much about the 2015 and the 2 stage fix but more about is it going to take until the end of summer to complete the legal process and actually get the new car. Not sure about our U.S. neighbors about how smoothly this went over there or if they are all completed, I will be reading more to find out.
Thanks that is useful information. I think I will be using the buyback to get into a 2017 Golf wagon (not diesel, I know) , guess I will have to wait around.

disisme

TDI
Thanks that is useful information. I think I will be using the buyback to get into a 2017 Golf wagon (not diesel, I know) , guess I will have to wait around.
Keep your ears open for a 2015 if thats what you want. I had considered getting the 2017 TSI but when I had the sales man show me the final price between the two I couldn't walk away from the TDI deal, heck I figured even if I bought it and drove it for a year the resale should be descent.

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
Yes the garbage website is down! Again! They never learned from the US experience that there will be a demand on the website.

People on the CDN TDI facebook site are livid.

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf Wagon TDI. 2008 Grand Cherokee Diesel
For both my 2015s we get $7000 each in 2 installments $3500 once software fix is in place and $3500 in 2018 when hardware fix is available which will take 9 hours to complete that is if we chose the option to fix and keep the cars. In which case our files are put in end of the list as they want to deal with 2009 to 2014 buybacks first etc. Very lame in my opinion. Getting compensation or settlement will be a long and pain staking ordeal and the funny part is during this time he resale value of these cars is 0 as per my dealerships sales manager I won't disclose the name. Once all cars fixed and they're back in the market as resales only then a dealer or Kellys book will be able to determine fair resale value. Until then these cars are being evaluated by the Accountants at Ricepoint Inc or LLP or whatever...third party firm dealing with settlement...very conveniently VW Group, your dealer and the courts have nothing to do with it anymore. Go figure.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
What happens if the car gets totalled before 2018?

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
What happens if the car gets totalled before 2018?
Hopefully your insurance or third party insurance will cover. As per the settlement agreement, and yes I had it checked and double checked by a lawyer friend, our cars have to be in full working condition as per OEM specs with no modifications, and who knows the entire list of things they will check before a claim is approved or even considered as eligible.

So if you have a 2015 manual 6spd this would be the perfect time to sell it privately. I would not waste time with the accountants at Ricepoint or the incompetent settlement admins/team.

Again to your point who knows what happens from now to the end of 2018. My plan is to just not use it as a daily driver, will recondition and use the jeep diesel until my file is finalized etc and or will sell it privately. Need a resolution fast eitherways.

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok so both my 2015s have a tank of adblue in the right rear end under the trunk every oil change I have to top up the adblue [urea] costs around $20. That is NOT the fix. I got letters from VW for both cars explaining the fix. There's two parts to the fix 1. A software update of the ECU to increase urea/adblue usage so NOx emmissions are reduced. 2. Sometime in 2018 there will be a recall a 9 hour job to replace hardware and complete the fix. Hope this helps clarify things. Dealers selling left over 2015s have to do the software upgrade i.e. Fix#1 prior to delivery. So I'd test drive the car again before delivery just to make sure that it drives the same way as it drove during test drive this is very important to note. Search VW TDI fix before and after on youtube. The fix has had mixed result to performance, engine noise and fuel economy in Europe, particularly in Sweden. I called the dealer to get the fix and was told now that claims are in process I have to follow the claim admins instructions on when or how to get Fix#1.

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
I am trading in my 2010 for a 2015 TDI but in the future never a VW again the shysters.
I still working and travel 105 km's each way to work. In fact I put like between work and play over 100,000 a year on my cars so I need good fuel mileage but after the 15 TDI a gasser it will be and not from the shysters.

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
I found a private buyer for mine, I'd rather give it to a fellow enthusiast of manual shifting rather than ricepoint monkeys. Not interested in waiting months and making monthly payments, happy that it'll go to someone who'll appreciate it and will benefit from it. Done with VW meself !! Like the products but hate the fact the way VW Canada is handling the settlement.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
I am trading in my 2010 for a 2015 TDI but in the future never a VW again the shysters.
I still working and travel 105 km's each way to work. In fact I put like between work and play over 100,000 a year on my cars so I need good fuel mileage but after the 15 TDI a gasser it will be and not from the shysters.
You are too cheap to drive anything than a cheap diesel......you'll be back even after this TDI. :)

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
You are too cheap to drive anything than a cheap diesel......you'll be back even after this TDI. :)
LOL.....so we are...

Bye bye VW, hello Mazda :D NO SCR based emission system, already approved by EPA.

Later on in 2017, a third engine will join the CX-5 lineup, bringing diesel power to the Mazda showroom for the first time in a passenger vehicle. The SKYACTIV-D 2.2L turbo-diesel engine will bring a new driving dynamic to the CX-5 range with smooth, effortless acceleration as expected from a diesel engine, along with fuel economy rivaling hybrid vehicles.

https://www.mazda.ca/en/inside-mazda/auto-show-2017/