Max Load on the X75 Terminal?

CGDoig

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta GLS MKIV
Anyone know what the max allowable load direct to the X75 Terminal is? I wired my trailer lighting supply to it as well as my brake controller. I'll have to look up current draw specs on both bit I'm curious to see if I should just wire direct to battery. My batteries positive terminal is looking pretty crazy with a bunch of stuff on it.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I used a terminal bar that hangs on the post, stops before shorting the neg post, stays under the battery wrap to look clean, and opens up a bunch of set screws to pinch on accessories and other projects cleanly and tightly.

Basically I lift one clamp, and not loose the other 10 wires...

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

CGDoig

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta GLS MKIV
I believe the brake controller draws around 6 amps at full load, the trailer wiring converter runs a max before auto cut off of 7.5amps for turns and running lights and 2.6 for brakes or close to. I understand the fuse that protects the feed for those under dash terminals is 110amps. I just want to avoid popping the 110amp fuse if it's overloaded at all, there are inline fuses on the controller and converter for those wires, and under short circuit I'm sure they'd pop first, but an overload is what I'm worried about.