Attn: ATLANTA TDI Members

kandyman4

TDI
96 Passat TDI wagon 4252K, 14 JSW 75K, 15 Passat SE TDI 25K
GTG's for spring/summer of 2017

Do you guys (in the South it's ya'll) know of any GTG's, invasions, rally's coming around soon? I am up in the northeast corner of GA and the past couple of years have seen scads of veedubs in the Helen, GA area arould Memorial Day weekend. Anybody know why?:)

Cha2ga

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 JSW
Do you guys (in the South it's ya'll) know of any GTG's, invasions, rally's coming around soon? I am up in the northeast corner of GA and the past couple of years have seen scads of veedubs in the Helen, GA area arould Memorial Day weekend. Anybody know why?:)

This weekend is SoWhat gtg in Helen. It's an offshoot of SOWO after that burned their bridges with the town. There is a facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SoWhatHelenGA/

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
Kandyman4,
If you are intereted in driving down to Altanta, on the 1st Sunday of each Month there is a large car show at Perimeter Mall called Caffeine & Octane. There is usually a very large VW section, and on certain occassions there are scheduled VW invasions, where everyone drives in at the same time and it appears to overwhelm the show. Also on the same first Sunday of each month there is "Gears and Beers" hosted at Red Brick Brewing from 1-4.
Not sure how far of a drive, but i have met people from the Carolinas that come down and make a day of it.
John.

hooville

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, 2016 GTI, 2015 TDI Sportwagen S
We are planning to be at Beers & Gears next Sunday, June 4th. If I can talk my better half into bringing her Sportwagen, we'll have 3 TDI's! Not quite an invasion so we need some backup! TDI's & beer, what's not to like! :D

WooshyNoises

TDI
01 Beetle, 00 Beetle
My car's alive but still needs a couple hours worth of work before I'd want to take it anywhere. Hopefully the rain subsides this week and wifey lets me out to play so I can get it done for Sunday!

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Beers and Gears is where? There is something like this in Athens, but I thought it was Saturday. lol So many events going on this weekend can't keep up

hooville

Veteran Member
TDI
We are looking forward to seeing some TDIClub friends at Red Brick Sunday! Hope everyone can make it.

WooshyNoises

TDI
01 Beetle, 00 Beetle
I'll be there, but unfortunately not in the TDI. Wifey wants to take her Tiguan and it doesn't make sense to take two cars (plus I get to drink this way, :D )
I'll try and find ya'll though!

hooville

Veteran Member
TDI
I'll be there, but unfortunately not in the TDI. Wifey wants to take her Tiguan and it doesn't make sense to take two cars (plus I get to drink this way, :D )
I'll try and find ya'll though!
We'll be in a TDI, but carpooling to maximizing our beer capacity! :D

Hope to see you there!

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
We'll be in a TDI, but carpooling to maximizing our beer capacity! :D

Hope to see you there!

Hey Hooville,

Nice to see you, and meet your spouse as well as your neighbor.
I think we should plan a large TDI get together in the coming months at Red Brick's Gears and Beers. There are already a large contigent of VW, so lets show all of Atlanta how many TDI enthusiasts are out there.

They Gears and Beers event is typically the 1st Sunday of each month..

Last edited:

hooville

Veteran Member
TDI
It was good to see some fellow TDI enthusiast! I agree, we need to have a better diesel presence! We won't be available for July 2nd, but August is looking good! The DurtyDubs are a good group.

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
It was good to see some fellow TDI enthusiast! I agree, we need to have a better diesel presence! We won't be available for July 2nd, but August is looking good! The DurtyDubs are a good group.

I would agree, i think July is out for me as well, as it is right before the holiday weekend, August is good, or the fall. Lets get a good group out for some fun.

SpeedyR

TDI
2005 Jetta
tdi shop in ATL

maybe I'll see a few of you at the next Caffeine and Octane show. I sometimes meet a buddy there with a vanagon, but usually ride a bike over (I have a few KTM motorcycles).

any recommendations on a good local shop for TDI work? I am pretty sure I blew the turbo in my 05 jetta MK IV TDI a few weeks ago. lots of white smoke, loss of power, etc. Towed it home and it's been sitting till I have time to look into it. I called a shop a week or two ago and was quoted about $2k to fix it with a new turbo/manifold. Car has 250k miles so debating on fixing it or just selling it as a project to someone for cheap. I talked to two other friends with TDI's and they were thinking in the $800-1k range for the turbo but wasn't sure if that was just an aftermarket turbo vs. OE.

anyway if anyone has a recommendation for a good shop to talk to about replacing the turbo let me know. otherwise maybe I'll see you at the next C&O show!

Big Swole

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf TDI
maybe I'll see a few of you at the next Caffeine and Octane show. I sometimes meet a buddy there with a vanagon, but usually ride a bike over (I have a few KTM motorcycles).
any recommendations on a good local shop for TDI work? I am pretty sure I blew the turbo in my 05 jetta MK IV TDI a few weeks ago. lots of white smoke, loss of power, etc. Towed it home and it's been sitting till I have time to look into it. I called a shop a week or two ago and was quoted about $2k to fix it with a new turbo/manifold. Car has 250k miles so debating on fixing it or just selling it as a project to someone for cheap. I talked to two other friends with TDI's and they were thinking in the $800-1k range for the turbo but wasn't sure if that was just an aftermarket turbo vs. OE.
anyway if anyone has a recommendation for a good shop to talk to about replacing the turbo let me know. otherwise maybe I'll see you at the next C&O show!

Andrew Rodriguez Corp at (AARodriguezCorp)
www.fixmyvw.com
in Douglasville area I think (he's got a new shop)

He's the one that did all the mods to my 02 Golf TDI

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI

Look up Troy Sentz in Holly Springs, it is a little out of Atlanta, but he does the best work, especially these type of jobs. He is on the list of trusted mechanics if you can't find him PM me and I will give you his number