2015 GSW Silk Blue "Dirty" Diesel w/DSG.....

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Hi folks! After saying for years I'd never buy one of the "clean" (dirty) TDI's due to all the emission crap on them.....guess what's in my driveway now:rolleyes:. A "new" 2015 Silk Blue GSW S w/ DSG and beige leatherette. It had 206 miles on it when I picked it up on 5/16/17. Only options were Monster Mats and splash guards. I'll try to get a pic up at a later time. No manuals were left at dealer,only DSG's. Traded the '16 Jetta S w/ 1.4 TSI in on it w/ 25k miles in 10 months. Time to pick up some accessories now;).....

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
congrats on your newest addition to the family! looking forward to pictures!

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
First pics of car- one is at home,other is at dealer on day I stopped by(Sat. 5/13/17). Interior pics are at dealer same day. Second fillup today was 45.4,tank wasn't topped to brim for this mpg. This fill I used grey Power Service and topped it to brim.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I recently installed the last "Sportwagen" door sill plates that member gerwazy had-I botched one when installing then bought his last set to finish the job:rolleyes:. I also have a bug deflector I bought from IDParts,haven't installed that yet. Looking for a set of ventvisors for the door windows. Just over 3600 miles,need to fill up tomorrow,then I can post my avg. mpg's so far....

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, a year has gone by since I got the '15. Just under 23k, forgot what my Fuelly average is. So far, I'm pleased with car and the dealer(go figure).... I still have 1 more free oil change( 30k service), and I did get letter for phase 2 fix, but since I bought it with the phase 1 fix, they don't replace emission items till I get around 70k miles....

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
How time flies... just over 36k on it now, I've been driving the Jetta more the past few months, keeping the miles down on this one. Need to get the NYS inspection done before end of month. No problems to report.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Ive got 55k miles on my 2015 that I purchased a month before you got yours.

again, no problems to report, DSG shifting well, did the 40k maintenance myself, and just did my 50k oil change last weekend. Going to need tires before winter comes back for sure.

glad to hear that you are still happy with yours.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'd probably be close to you in miles if I didn't have the '03 Jetta TDI I bought in March '18 to keep the miles off the GSW;)....

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Holy crap! I thought I bought it on 17th of May but see I wrote the 16th in the first post:eek:.. Well, after 3 years of ownership, pretty happy with it, has about 48,500 miles on it now. I am starting to hear some squeaking/creaking when going over some bumps while turning, and the water leak into bottom of passenger rear door when it rains.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, here we are. 4 years since I picked this car up. 67,829 miles so far as I type this, 154 fillups with 44.6 avg, 55.1 best. Pretty happy with it, new tires last December. It still only has the partial phase 2 fix. Only irritating problem is that the driver side rear door has water leak just like the passenger side, which after some research sounds like the door speaker seal....

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5 years owning the car :) . I've added 86k to the odometer .Car has it's quirks(speaker seal leaks, trunk leaks occasionally, rear driver side door doesn't open usually now), but have a lifetime hand calculated avg per Fuelly of 44.4 mpg with a best of 55.1. Contemplated selling it in this crazy used car market and crazy diesel prices( $6.199 at my local Speedway, truckstops even higher), but I can't part w/ the mpg's.....

ThomasCo

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI
How on earth are you getting this kind of fuel mileage? Is the engine in the GSW so much different from CJAA and CBEA that you get 44 miles on the gallon avg? That’s what I get with my JSW on a good day rolling downhill from Temecula to San Diego…

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Congrats on 5 years in! I got my '15 GSW about the same time as you, 300 miles on it when I got it. Had it tuned at 875 miles. Lifetime average FE is 42 even, best is right around 48. But mine just passed 16K miles total, so it's hardly broken in. I still like driving my ALH Wagon too much, it seems.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
How on earth are you getting this kind of fuel mileage? Is the engine in the GSW so much different from CJAA and CBEA that you get 44 miles on the gallon avg? That’s what I get with my JSW on a good day rolling downhill from Temecula to San Diego…
Dunno-I use that EDT additive past couple years, run my tires at 44psi in warm months for the all seasons. I think 34-36psi for the snow tires. I usually use either a Speedway or a place on the Indian reservation for fuel....

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Congrats on 5 years in! I got my '15 GSW about the same time as you, 300 miles on it when I got it. Had it tuned at 875 miles. Lifetime average FE is 42 even, best is right around 48. But mine just passed 16K miles total, so it's hardly broken in. I still like driving my ALH Wagon too much, it seems.
Nice! For some reason, I thought your '15 was a red one...

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
No. I wanted gray, and the dealer had one, but I missed it. At least the interior is black. And I already have a Red TDI, my '99.5 Golf.

Ti63R

TDI
2013 VW Golf TDI - 4 door DSG
Glad about the mpg on your Sportwagon - I am new member and have to part with my TDI.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, time does fly. 6 years ago today I took delivery. 108,080 miles now. 55.1 mpg best tank, 44.2 lifetime avg. , 48.7 last tank. Pretty much trouble free except past few months, crank position sensor was replaced , continued to have problem and #2 injector replaced. So far so good, Allstate extended warranty runs out today, wish me luck, still have Dieselgate warranty for a few more years....