How many Beetle will be left?

GTOguy

TDI
'13 Beetle TDI 6spd, Rawtek/Malone 2.0 Eco
From the lack of travel on this forum concerning the '13-'15 TDI beetles there obviously aren't a lot of them from the start but how may are keeping them instead of turning them back. I for one will return mine back to stock and have it fixed unless there is no fix and in that case I'm declining the buyback and just keeping it.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
I had a '13, but finances and situation dictated I turn it back into VW. Story might be different it it was a '15.

Jason

GTOguy

TDI
Jason, you seem quite knowledgeable in the ways of VW, is it true that the '13 is the last year for the TDI Beetle to have the straight beam rear end? And is that bad or good for towing a trailer?

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
I kinda despise that beam axle on the Beetles and Jettas. Handling never felt as secure and confident as the IRS. Within the capabilities of the car there is no benefit, that I can see, to the beam suspension for towing. BTW - yeah, '13 should be last year of solid beam, but on a change like that there can be a few that sneak through during the change over.

As far as towing the Tiguan has much the same rear suspension at the Beetle and Jetta and it is rated to tow decent amount. The Touareg has a rather large towing capacity and IRS.

Bonus - because of similarities between IRS versions there are plenty of options to swap (coils, shocks, bushings, etc.) to change behavior to your liking.

Jason

GTOguy

TDI
Looks like you and I may be the only ones? What have you done to yours? I have done the Rawtec/Malone magic on mine, whole different car.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
friend just a few hours ago bought a 15 (new) in Ocala Florida $26750 drive out, they got $26,000 for their 13" buyback, they were wondering if they made a good deal?

79veedub

TDI
00 Beetle, 98 Jetta, 12 Jetta Sportwagon (wife's), 05 Jetta Wagon (5-speed swap coming)
I have a '13 TDI Convertible 6-speed manual. Trying to work out a deal on a '15 TDI Convertible 6-speed manual. If I do, I will do the buyback on the '13. If not, the '13 will get the fix and I will get some cash.

GTOguy

TDI
I too would probably swap our '13 for a '15 as long as it was a 6 spd but can't find any locally.

GTOguy

TDI
Hmmm, hens teeth. Any Idea of percentage of '13s and '14s?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I am now test driving a 15 Beetle TDI plain no sunroof, DSG. $22,000 and 0 percent interest for 72 months. I think I am going to take it.

GTOguy

TDI
I absolutely loved the DSG in the golf we sold back. And from what I have heard you will be glad there is no sun roof. Looks like a fair price also assuming it's new.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
We test drove a DSG before we ordered a manual, way back in 2013. Wife and I agreed we didn't like how the Beetle DSG shifted compared to the Passat or Jetta. I wonder how much better the maps are on the '15 DSG?

Jason

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
It is unlike my 2013 Passat SEL Premium was. The 2015 Beetle in drive and regular acceleration keeps the rpms between 1100 and 1800 rpm. My 2006 Jetta PD manual I didn't even give it any real acceleration until after 1800 rpms. The Passat DSG around 1400 or 1500. The Beetle seems to like to stay around 1100 or 1200 in town anyways. IIRC. The Beetle has paddle shifters on it so if you want to play around some you can.

Glad you reminded me of the maps. I wanted to ask them to update them as well. I will text him. I forgot I have no maps or nav so I can cancel that. :)