Jetta Wagon Roof Rack Load Bars

DMM

Hi I'm looking for a pair of roof rack load bars for a
2003 Jetta Wagon. Does anyone either know of a better place to get them from other than from the stealer or possibly used?

Thanks,
DMM

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
Not sure. But the dealer bars are great. They fit perfect and in my opinion, are really not a bad price. Go to Impex and get them. I got them for about $145. The best thing about the VW bars is that the feet do not put any pressure on the rooftop, which is a great thing.

MotorCityTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Indigo Blue Jetta Wagon
Saris Roof bars. Look at the talon roof racks. The price seems high but if you factor in all the little bits and pieces with Thule and Yakima, it comes out pretty reasonable. I have them and notice no MPG hit with them on. I also notice very little noise on or off the highway. They go on and come off very easily.

www.graberproducts.com

Joe Fisher

Veteran Member
TDI
NA
[ QUOTE ]
DMM said:
Hi I'm looking for a pair of roof rack load bars for a
2003 Jetta Wagon. DMM

[/ QUOTE ]

I"ve got a 2003 Jetta Waton, I've got Yakima bars. They are *awesome*! Easy to put on and take off. Very versatile in terms of what they can carry. I got a glass topped patio table that was too big to fit in the car, so I just strapped it onto the rack.

biobill

TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 93 Cabriolet
I've got some Thule railing feet #415 and 50" bars - all brand new in boxes... Cost $150, will sell for $100 plus UPS shipping. The Thule site says they will fit. Let me know! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Variant TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf Variant, Reflex Silver
I've got the Thule railing feet. I stuck with the rectangular bars because they fit all the accessories that I'd been using with my GTI.

It's simple to mount and adjust and it's extremely low profile, sitting almost directly on top of the railing. And with it set back behind the sunroof, it's not much of a drag.

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
I was thinking of removing my stock ones from my 2003 wagon. Has anyone done this? How do you fill the holes?

Vectorer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premo
[ QUOTE ]
How do you fill the holes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bondo?

It sounds like folks here are talking about the lateral load bars which attach to the roof (longitudinal) rails.

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Ah, now I see, we were talking about different parts. Thanks for the clarification. I still think I'm going to remove mine in the spring, as I never use them and would like to clean up the lines and maybe reduce some wind noise.