TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
see, another smart man!

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Glow plug relay died.

The hill Billy in me until payday has been the paper clip and welpers method.

Ha, only one element at time too...

Last edited:

austintg

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 Technik
Can someone point me to a current thread about CarPlay? Trying get it in my 15 Golf SportWagen. Sorry if this has come up a lot but I can’t find any info here on it.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Can someone point me to a current thread about CarPlay? Trying get it in my 15 Golf SportWagen. Sorry if this has come up a lot but I can’t find any info here on it.
Search for MIBII swap, hope you have deep pockets!

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Bring your car by the next time you're out here on the West Coast; now that I've done it once, I'm sure we could knock it out in an afternoon. :D

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Stopped by a dealer to see if they had an air filter for the '15 GSW. While there, I noticed they had a '15 Passat TDI SE,night blue, 6spd,no roof,1 owner with only 13,797 miles...they were asking $15,600-it was tempting, but I don't want to restart another car loan.....

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
800+ miles per tank will make you just trade in the GSW for the Passat ;)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Stopped by a dealer to see if they had an air filter for the '15 GSW. While there, I noticed they had a '15 Passat TDI SE,night blue, 6spd,no roof,1 owner with only 13,797 miles...they were asking $15,600-it was tempting, but I don't want to restart another car loan.....
If it hadn't (possibly) been through four NY State winters that would be tempting.

vwexpress

TDI
2015 Golf Sport Wagon
New to me 2015 Sportwagen, put in taller springs from IDparts, loaded 700 lbs of tools in the back and around the spare this morning, widows where tinted Thursday, new tires where put on Wednesday, bought it Saturday. Read all over in here and fixed the TPMS light, and the oil level light, way cool, thank you one and all.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Drive it to work after opening my DMV envelope. Gotta love these bs California tag prices...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Is that a lot? Some states (including NH) include property tax in their plate fees. MA bills it separately. But in fairness, I think the personal property tax on my '15 was around $100 this year.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Is that a lot? Some states (including NH) include property tax in their plate fees. MA bills it separately. But in fairness, I think the personal property tax on my '15 was around $100 this year.

I dont know how other states are, and honestly I dont know the whole break down for this, but our terrible governors here have enjoyed raising the price we pay for tags to “maintain” the infrastructure. Which by California standards means funneling the money to public parks rather than the roads which they promised the money would go to... typical. My truck which was a 2013 1500 was $403 in 2017, and 2018 it went up to about $440. California had all trucks labeled as commercial because of all the business that run them... even little Tacoma’s from the 90s. Typical money grab for this state to put money just back into governments pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Given the number of 90s Tacomas I've seen running around LA that belong to landscapers, I can understand that logic. Registering a commercial vehicle for personal use is a classic dodge. But I understand how rising fees can be irritating. You're not alone. I just learned that if you want to walk your dog on public land in my town the dog needs another tag. $20.

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual. B5 died at 302k miles.
Detailed my recently acquired Mk 7. Red, manual, 25K miles. Apparently had been sitting in Arizona for months (based on CarFax). A lot of dust in the engine compartment and undercarriage. Whenever I rolled the windows down and roll them up again, the squeegee tracks dust on the outside surface.
Used Mother's ClayBar. 3M Imperial hand glaze, then finished it off with One Grand Blitz wax.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I had the pleasure of paying $430 to register my Alltrack last march, yeah it's an excises tax that's prorated and flattens out after 5 years. I think i paid +$700 back in 2017 when I bought it new (MSRP was around 32K I think).

I'm fine with it, it's based off the MSRP of the car (not the sales price) this was similar to Maine's tax I used to pay 10+ years ago. My 45K MSRP 1993 Volvo 960 cost me $500 to register it in Maine in 2007, I bought it for $1600 off ebay.

If you want to play you gotta pay, just like I don't mind our high property tax, if i didn't like it I'd live in a trailer/shack is east hicksville valued under 30K and drive a 2005 kia rio.

I'd much rather have these "use/consumption" taxes than an income tax, to me that's counter productive.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Or no state income tax or personal property tax at all. We don't have either of those two horrible things. With all the people moving here lately though it is getting more crowded and expensive.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
zero property tax? Also feel safe, I won't be moving there anytime soon.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
If you want to play you gotta pay, just like I don't mind our high property tax, if i didn't like it I'd live in a trailer/shack is east hicksville valued under 30K and drive a 2005 kia rio.
I'd much rather have these "use/consumption" taxes than an income tax, to me that's counter productive.
Talking to friends who live in NH, it seems the state gets a similar amount of money, just in different ways. Property taxes appear way higher than in MA, almost double. And those registration fees are much higher than excise (personal property) taxes here. Taxes on my old MKIVs are about $25/year.

Depending on your income level, NH could be cheaper from a tax standpoint. But if you're retired, maybe not.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just got our property tax bill yesterday, town values our house and land at 360K, tax bill is just over 9K. At least with autos they factor in depreciation, so it pays to hold onto the car past 5 years.

Say the equivalent property tax bill is half in MA @ 4K but then add on a 5.1% income tax between the wife and I that'd be a +9K bill, so then we'd be at 13K just to work and live, sprinkle on the sales tax.

Agreed the state get their money one way or another, I just am in favor of taxing the "use" portion of cars or houses if it means the state keeps their hands out of my pocket before i even see it in my account.

At least MA isn't as bad as Maine's scaling income tax, I was paying 8.5% while living in NH, that hurt every tax filing season.

Anyways MQB related, winters will be going on prob Thursday night, still have the biolines from my 2010 jetta, this will be their 3rd winter they see.

Also order a fresh set of Haka 9 studded for the Passat, will be dropping off the wheels tomorrow, old haka 8's with +60% life left will end up on craigslist (or here if anyones interested).

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
740, looking at your post I realize the comparison isn't that simple. First, good luck finding a house you'd like in Eastern MA for $360K. So actual taxes paid may be just as high for comparable houses in MA and NH, since valuations are higher.

I honestly don't worry about income taxes. I guess I'm used to them. Property taxes are another story.