01 JETTA low BEAMS wont WORK? Help...

duramax/tdi

TDI
01 vw jetta tdi stock and a 500rwhp chevy duramax.
I have been having problems for the past few weeks from my 2001 vw jetta tdi. At first the low beams would flicker on of for a few seconds didnt think nothing of it. till it was getting harder to keep them on, From brights to low's. Finally one day the low beams would not come on? brights and all other lights come on gerate.
Iv changed, or checked the following. fuses, balbs and the switch to turn the lights on or off in the dash. Is there a known problem? i have been resercing on the net this is my last resort before i have to go to the delership, any thoughts? :confused:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Is there maybe a relay somewhere for them? That might be worth looking into:)

jeff@mcm

TDI
02 a6 4.2, 99 a6 avant, jeeps and trucks
Most likely cause is the turn signal/combination switch. The circuit goes through that switch as well due to high beam control.

duramax/tdi

TDI
Tommorow i was going to check into that im planning on testing the volts comming into the relay and out hope its just a realy ill keep you posted.

duramax/tdi

TDI
Most likely cause is the turn signal/combination switch. The circuit goes through that switch as well due to high beam control.

Is there any way of checking the switch before buying a new one? I already bought the (on, off switch) that cost me $30 and napa wont do refunds for electrical parts.

duramax/tdi

TDI
Sorry didnt get back sooner. I did find out what it was.. It was the actuator switch in the steering collom, as said above ^^^^. i took the car to the dealer cost me 450$ would of done it myself as i do 95% of the work on my cars/trucks just didnt have time and the whole taken the steering wheel off and air bag scares me. thanks for the imput guys...