2nd Annual Platteville Dyno Day April 30th, 2011

JasonCzerak

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
Well, this weekend I plan to start putting parts on the truck. :) Fuel system changes, pump upgrade, some paint, boots.. the BOV might not make it by the 30th's but we'll see.

count me in for now. if it blows up, the truck's going to iowa anyways. :)

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Put me on the list :)
Well, this weekend I plan to start putting parts on the truck. :) Fuel system changes, pump upgrade, some paint, boots.. the BOV might not make it by the 30th's but we'll see.

count me in for now. if it blows up, the truck's going to iowa anyways. :)
Got you both added to the list. Glad you both are able to make it:D

JasonCzerak

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
I still need to clear this with the boss. :) But I should be able to roll down. I'll keep ya posted if things change

So who's going to convoy from the cities? When? and do you guys normally leave to get back?

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I am taking Friday off and driving down with my Georgia Peach and we are staying at a B&B in Platteville. It is about a 5 hour drive from the Mpls metro which is why I am taking a day off!

Guz15

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta
finally got the 11mm pump in today!:D:D cant wait to see what she is puttin down now. I did the timing belt and engine mounts as well. The front engine mount definetly needed it. It took most of the day. I took it slow, just to be sure everything was done properly. This was my first time doing the TB myself.

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Enrique:

Congrats on doing your first TB job. Motor on!

Dan

Wonky

TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI
If there is another open spot for a truck, I have a friend of mine who has been looking to dyno his Chev after some stuff he's done to it. If not, no biggy he's not a TDI owner or anything, just if you folks are willing and all the spots don't fill up. Also something i'm not sure about. His truck says it needs to be dyno'd on an AWD dyno, wouldn't that be the case if he were to run it in 4wheel? Why would it say to do it on an AWD if he's running it in 2w

I'm not going to dyno my Jetta because well...it's bone stock and I just bought it, and got it back from the shop. But I plan on being there trying to soak up all the info's people are willing to give =)

-Rob

Last edited:

nate379

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta
I just wanted to comment that those prices are dirt cheap! When I lived in Idaho we had a dyno day a few times a year, mainly for our diesel trucks, and it was $50 3 runs. That was with the owner of the dyno cutting the club a good deal too.

Wonky

TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI
who said to dyno in "awd" and why?

if the truck has 2wd, you dyno in 2wd. what kinda chevy truck/motor?
I was kind of confused by that too, and it was the owner, he said it said that under his hood :confused:

It's a 99 Silverado 15000 with the 350 I believe. Has a CAI/Shif kit and not sure what else he's tinkered with it.

Like I said though, he's not a TDI man himself, so if there's an open spot and no one takes it he would be super willing to take it.

-Rob

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
If there is another open spot for a truck, I have a friend of mine who has been looking to dyno his Chev after some stuff he's done to it. If not, no biggy he's not a TDI owner or anything, just if you folks are willing and all the spots don't fill up. Also something i'm not sure about. His truck says it needs to be dyno'd on an AWD dyno, wouldn't that be the case if he were to run it in 4wheel? Why would it say to do it on an AWD if he's running it in 2w

I'm not going to dyno my Jetta because well...it's bone stock and I just bought it, and got it back from the shop. But I plan on being there trying to soak up all the info's people are willing to give =)

-Rob
I don't see it being a problem. I don't understand the awd requirement.............:confused:

TurboM700

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Golf
Just pop the front drive shaft off if its AWD I have seen that done a few times before.

If I'm free that weekend any my cars back together I will more then likely make the trip down there.

Sounds like a fun event and I alawys like road trip.

Mike

nic_a_bod

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
I was wondering if this was going to happen again this year. Put me on the list if there is room yet?

6x6man

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 1999.5 Jetta, 2001 Golf, 2003 Jetta Wagon, and too many others I've lost count
Look's like I won't be able to make it after all so please remove my name from the list. Hopefully you'll put this event together again next year and I'll be able to make it then.

Chris
6x6man

FlashandFlare

Veteran Member
TDI
03,Jetta GLS Reflex on Blk leather, 06 Jetta Blk on Blk Pkg 2
Add me to the list of "unable to make it" that is the only free day we have for my daughters birthday party, so I will just have to wait till next yr.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Look's like I won't be able to make it after all so please remove my name from the list. Hopefully you'll put this event together again next year and I'll be able to make it then.

Chris
6x6man
Add me to the list of "unable to make it" that is the only free day we have for my daughters birthday party, so I will just have to wait till next yr.

not a problem guys. I know stuff can come up. Hopefully can put on the dyno day next year aswell;)

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
as this gets closer i'd keep my spot open as well not sure if it's gonna be done in time with matt moving into the new shop for the next few weeks.

tshoe32

TDI
2001 TDI GLS 5-speed
Is there any openings on the dyno? I just booked a room and going to bring the family for a fun getaway. I will be coming whether there is an opening or not. Just started doing some mods and it would be great to see some good ideas and meet other TDI nuts.

Todd

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Is there any openings on the dyno? I just booked a room and going to bring the family for a fun getaway. I will be coming whether there is an opening or not. Just started doing some mods and it would be great to see some good ideas and meet other TDI nuts.

Todd
Todd there is more than enough room on the list for you:D

JasonCzerak

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
It's still looking good for me to bring he truck still. I've completed some major changes but I'm still stumped on a few fueling issues.