TDI Phase 2

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Not sure about the phase 2 portion, but the phase 1 portion it was required that all emissions components were functioning as designed. If you had a cracked DPF, you had to pay for replacement before they could complete phase 1.
Um... are you sure about that? For the Gen 1 cars (like yours), they got a new DPF as part of their phase 1 updates. So what you're saying is that if someone, which I'm sure many did, had cracked DPF (soot on tailpipe) that VW was going to try and make them pay to "fix" a part that they were about to replace? :confused:

For the Gen 3 cars, we only had software for ECM and TCM (for us DSG peeps) and I'd think it would have been rare for one of those Gen 3 cars to be out of the warranty coverage for the DPF that soon.

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
IIRC only the 2009's maybe early 2010's had a one piece dpf unit. These were getting replaced. All others had to be in functioning condition to get the fix. Some were fixed on VW's dime though and others turned away until repairs made.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
IIRC only the 2009's maybe early 2010's had a one piece dpf unit. These were getting replaced. All others had to be in functioning condition to get the fix. Some were fixed on VW's dime though and others turned away until repairs made.
Gotcha, that makes some sense, as much as VW can at times. Lol

Thanks!

JBizz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 vw golf tdi
So i did the whole phase 1 fix, got the money. How do i start phase 2 fix? Do i go on that online court thing or just call the dealer?

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
If you haven't received notification via mailer or phone call, I'd say give the dealer a call. They may have parts on hand but they may be spoken for with appointments.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
I'll also add my dealer asked if I had my VW TDI Emission Claim number. Talking with them yesterday, the dealer wasn't sure if they needed it (They did for Phase 1) however they're getting the information in the event they do need it. So might as well check online and see if you have the claim number and at least have it ready for them.

Hoping to have my car back tomorrow as they've done a few Phase 2 Gen 3's already.

nikdfish

TDI
2015 Golf TDI Sportwagon SEL
Got the mail a few days back, called today & set up an appointment for them to do phase 2 on Wednesday next week (5/16). They said to be sure to bring the claim # so they could process the fix & the next payment.

JBizz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 vw golf tdi
Where was this claim number at? im miles away from all my documents from phase 1 stuff and nothing n my old emails. An the dealership wasn't to sure they have it on records.

JBizz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 vw golf tdi
Thanks guys found my claim number and the local vwdealer has everything ready. Just waiting on my beater i mean loaner. Triedmy hardest to get a free oil change out of them but they kept looking at me like i was b.s... Even said ill take it 30 miles to another dealer.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Apparently my local dealer said they weren’t sure either. They said they’re reading the oil change that it is if there is someone coming back that didn’t get both kits (New buyers as of last year) to “compensate” for the inconvenience of bringing it back. I’m just happy they’re not as I just did my 50k Amsoil change.

Don’t be gentle, it’s a rental!

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
I just bought a random orbital buffer for detailing. I’m a complete noob. I think I’ll practice on my Phase 2 loaner. Hopefully I’ll make it shiny! :p

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
very creative, i'm impressed.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
I just bought a random orbital buffer for detailing. I’m a complete noob. I think I’ll practice on my Phase 2 loaner. Hopefully I’ll make it shiny! :p
Oh man! Ha ha

Watch some youtube videos and join a Fb group for detailing before putting that thing on a car. :-D

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Oh man! Ha ha

Watch some youtube videos and join a Fb group for detailing before putting that thing on a car. :-D

You gotta learn somewhere!

But yes, I've been YouTubing like crazy the past couple of weeks as the buffer, pads, and various creams, salves, and ointments have arrived on my doorstep (thanks AMZN Prime). :p

In all seriousness, the first car I'll be doing is my mom's 2005 Saturn POS, er, I mean, Ion. Then it's on to the Mk7 GSW and if I trust myself by then, the Mk7 GTI.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
The clearcoat layer is very thin. The good detail shops have techniques and experience that we amateurs lack. Look into ceramic-pro coatings. I had mine done with ceramic pro when I bought both my 2015 tdi's. So far, its fabulous and it virtually cleans itself every time it rains. After application, even spray paint just rolls off the paint surface. There are other products simular, but ceramic pro seems like the pro choice as they have been around a long time. https://ceramicpro.com/

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Please resize your extra large resolution to something smaller that doesn't blow the normal page size out. It makes reading difficult on normal screens. A clickable thumb nail picture is okay for a pic of the label. Thanks!

graygolf

TDI
2015 Golf TDI - MT
Anyone complete Phase 2? I have an appt on June 12 and wondering if phase 2 affects performance, either driving or mileage.

thanks, Don

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I canceled my phase 2 appointment until I get something else more important addressed.

I need to find a dealer that can repair my leaking back doors. Any suggestions?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

jonferns

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf
I canceled my phase 2 appointment until I get something else more important addressed.

I need to find a dealer that can repair my leaking back doors. Any suggestions?

Where are they leaking from? The service history on my Golf show that the previous owner had an issue with the RR door leaking. I'll have to check what the fix was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
As far as dealer can tell it's the seal of the small window on the back doors. The outer bottom seal.

Water is running down the glass, through the seal, somehow missing the funnel inside the door panel and not draining out the 2 holes in bottom of door.

So it's leaking inside the cabin from bottom of door panel.

Dealer told me they can't reproduce the problem, and told me to RTV silicone the outer bottom of that smaller window if the problem continues.

Un-fuking-believe-able.

I'm so mad. So mad. They're riding out the 36k warranty, which is just around the corner.

Yesterday we had a several hour mild rain, and again, puddles on both floor mats in back. Good thing I upgraded to weather tech mats.

I, again, emailed the service advisor, service manager, and general manager.

No replies.

Last edited:

jonferns

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf
Contact the GM of the dealer as well as VWoA. See how they feel about the dealer telling you to RTV the window seal. I'd almost guarantee they'll fix the issue.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I did email the gm. He has been cced all of this. I've heard nothing from him.

The advisor weaseled out and claimed the context of silixoning was "casual conversation"....

Last edited:

jonferns

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf
Definitely reach out to VWoA, the area manager will be the liaison between you and the dealer. I hope you get this resolved, silicone is not the answer! On my car, the solution was to replace the speaker in that door as the seal was allowing water to pass through the panel

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Thanks for sharing the repair on your car.

They've been so shady. The invoice said they had 4 days of heavy rain and noticed no water inside car.

Yet they had it noon Monday and I picked it up Tuesday afternoon.

My math shows less then 4 days. Someone correct my math if needed please.

It just really feels like they want me to go away or something?

Such terrible customer service.

jonferns

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf
Thanks for sharing the repair on your car.

They've been so shady. The invoice said they had 4 days of heavy rain and noticed no water inside car.

Yet they had it noon Monday and I picked it up Tuesday afternoon.

My math shows less then 4 days. Someone correct my math if needed please.

It just really feels like they want me to go away or something?

Such terrible customer service.

Be sure to mention this discrepancy to VWoA, that is the dealer being dishonest. Keep us posted!

Geist296

TDI
2015 GSW SEL DSG White with Quartz/Black interior
Ok so back on track here. Those that have had Phase 2 can you chime in!! I am taking mine in for Phase 2 next week, ( said the approval shows for it too be done they have to order the parts and should be in thursday or friday ). Just wondering the impressions and anything weird happen with your car at all?

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Phase 2 mod done on my manual 15 GSW. I've put on 250 miles with no change yet. Mileage seems to be the same as well.

This_Fuggin_Guy

TDI
2015 GSW
I had Phase 2 installed last week, but I have only driven the car about 50 miles or so. I don't notice a difference so far but again, I haven't driven the car that much.

bluebus

TDI
15 Golf TDI SE
Phase 2

Good to hear there isn’t much change. Dropped mine off on Thursday for phase 2. Hoping it won’t take too long to get it back.