Lifted, stock, rear sway bar?

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 Jetta (sold, such a great car) '16 Touareg
Im thinking about adding a RSB.....

The car is lifted 1.5", all stock otherwise. I dont care for the massive understeer, or the body roll. I dont make a habit of going around corners fast, but Ide like to be a little more comfortable in the car...Im also guessing that a RSB would make it a bit more stable on the highway....keep in mind, the lift makes things a little bit more top heavy anyway.

Anyone with a stock ride heigth add a RSB and leave everything else as is?

Im working my way through the 'what is handling; thread.....wow!

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
If all goes well, I'll be buying and installing an RSB in the Wagon on Saturday (mild lift of about 1" plus oversized tires). The rest of the car's suspension is stock, so I can understand your concerns. I'm thinking the, along with the top-heaviness, the stock mushy suspension combined with the RSB will make the ar-end a bit more likely to swing around if you're taking a curve and apply brakes (weight transfer from rear to front)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
A RSB would be fine with stock suspension as long as it's not worn (less than 60K, IMO). You might want to try something a bit milder than the Shine bar as it can cause the car to rotate in slippery conditions. However, I ran the Shine bar with stock springs and Koni Reds (not much firmer than stock) for 40K with no ill effects.

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 Jetta (sold, such a great car) '16 Touareg
I picked up a neuspeed 28mm bar......used on vortex.

I hope I wont be sorry!