TDi modification

nikolas

TDI
Lexus IS250 - 07 TDi soon
Hi guys,
im very new to the TDi scene.. ( i have a lexus is250) im looking to buy an '07 Golf TDi. After searching with no luck, i was wondering if a T3 turbo could be used on 07 Golf or any for that matter, efficiently, with not tooo much working going into it. Or wont it work because of the joined manifold? Also, i was wondering what the best performance modifications are in terms of value for money. I have a mate that got some sort of flash tuning to his computer to get a bit more power..

HopefulFred

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2006, Indigo Blue
Welcome to the club nikolas.

I'm sure someone knows about them, but I don't know what sort of engine will be in your Australian TDI. Right now, most of us are in the US and the dealers aren't selling any of the new engines - we're waiting on the "clean TDI" late this summer.

There are lots of options for tuning and tweaking the PD and older engines. I'm sure there will be/are remap/tunes you can buy to boost output. From a reputable supplier, lots of users have had good experiences with that. There may also be reasoable ways to install larger injector nozzles and I'm sure if not now, eventually there will be other turbos and intakes and cams and more for your engine.

If you haven't already, look around the forums for some oef the areas where other Australian members post about the issues they deal with; you'll get better help that way.

Fred

edit: or maybe I've misunderstood and you're not from Melbourne, Australia, but Melbourne, Florida? If that's the case, the '07s are known as Rabbits and not available with a TDI.. so that's probably not where you are...

Last edited:

nikolas

TDI
Thanks for the quick reply.. i know alot about petrol but nothing about diesel. I dont wan't to come across as someone who thinks a big turbo is the only way but i like to experiment. thanks for your help anyway

Russnut

Veteran Member
TDI
03' Jetta TDi
Doesn't the turbo need to be a VNT style or at least a VGT? From what I know I'm not sure how the rest of the setup would work for something huge like that, or else I have a turbo from a Cummins that would already be on my car!

nikolas

TDI
as i said before. no clue about diesels. One thing i was wondering though is, how come some people experience compressor surge without a throttle plate?

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Russnut said:
I'm not sure how the rest of the setup would work for something huge like that, or else I have a turbo from a Cummins that would already be on my car!
Its been done :)