What did you do to your MK7 today?

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Did you modify your current vent or purchase with the gauge pre-installed?

How long did the install take and how do you dim the gauge?

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GolfS, GTI 18s, H&R springs, Stage 2
I installed it in the vent myself, not very hard. It took me about 45 minutes to install. I didn't worry about dimming, but I think there were instructions telling how to dim, but I'm not sure.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Andrew,
Where did you order your snows from? I am having a hard time rebalancing my steelies/snows this year....

Smevans

TDI
'15 TDI| 78' Datsun 280Z (Sold)
Drove my car today (rare) haha.

Also got tinted a month ago and forgot to post.

Drove it from Chicago to Portland a few weeks ago too. Car did great the whole way even in snow the whole way through Wyoming. You can see how loaded the car was with how the rear is squating in that picture.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
VWR Springs, European Headlight Switch with rear fog mod, Aspherical side mirrors. Excuse the poor lighting and dirty car. All I need now is to get the snows balanced.
The tail light bulbs are LED from DeAutoKey and don't show up due to the LED flicker rate.

GrndZero

TDI
2015 GSW-SE6spd
Put some white 3M film on my chrome strips on my grill, popped the emblem off and placed my inner white VW vinyls on and dipped the emblem itself.

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
I washed mine today. First time in a couple of weeks and it was FILTHY!!!

Weather is going to suck for the next couple of days but I don't care, I ain't going anywhere, so it should stay clean until the weekend :p

Chewyeti

TDI
15 GSW
I plopped in a BlackForestIndustries dogbone bushing to get rid of the engine rock back at on/off throttle.

Love the way it drives, absolutely hate the vibration at idle :(
Probably pulling it if someone wants it at a steep discount.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
I plopped in a BlackForestIndustries dogbone bushing to get rid of the engine rock back at on/off throttle.
Love the way it drives, absolutely hate the vibration at idle :(
Probably pulling it if someone wants it at a steep discount.
Did you get the stage 1 or 2? I want to keep the smoothness of the engine, but 1st gear is intermittently troublesome to get into. Almost feels like the clutch is not fully disengaging because sometimes you can feel the engine jostle as it gets into gear...

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Loaded up a stage 2 tune this morning and loving it! Great deal at fixmyvw with the BOGO tunes. Went ahead and got the econo tune for future upgrade :)

andyrooski17

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG
Started it at -4 degrees in NH last night and drove home. Took forever to warm up, and got 42 mpg on a trip that I can get 55 mpg on in the summer.

None of this is news, but I'm consistently amazed at how easily this car starts in the cold.

BartongTDI

TDI
VW Golf MKVII 2015
I drove to target and back last night in NH. It was very cold but you're right. It started right up but took forever to warm up.

Benton

TDI
2015 SportWagen SEL/TDI
[/URL][/IMG]

I've put a few thousand difficult miles on this winter and found myself wishing for more beef on the wheel. So I picked up a cover though AliExpress and spent a few hours installing it yesterday. I'm not completely done as I need to fix where the wheel meets the posts.

The cover itself is of very good quality and they offered different colored threads - I chose the black thread. It was a good decision as black on black hides mistakes in stitching. I'm obviously not a professional as it's not a perfect installation but for a $25 overall cost, it's very good.

Driving: I like this much better than the stock cover. It simply offers more beef to grip and it feels great.

Last edited:

pmoulton5018

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S 6MT
Looks good! Those wheels look very lightweight? I like the 18s on my SEL, but I know they're heavy and probably don't help with fuel economy!
They are a little bit lighter than the oem 16s. For me its probably too little a difference in weight.. but it would definitely help you!

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Part of my goodwill package went to the OEM "Euro" short shifter, and I installed that today. All went smooth aside from getting the stock shifter out which took a bit of wrestling as expected. The nut that holds the lever on is also called out as a one-time use piece, but I could not get one at my local dealer. I simply added a drop of blue loctite and torqued to the 25Nm spec, and will keep an eye on it. I really like the fact that it's an OE part and it definitely gives a noticeably shorter throw, not as much as the diesel geek version but for the price it's a nice upgrade!
In light of the goodwill package, I've stumbled upon a dealer in Charlotte that has fantastic online pricing on everything. Here is where I picked up the shifter if anyone is interested: http://www.keffervwparts.com/productSearch.aspx?searchTerm=8J0711046E

CruisingWagon

TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen TDI S
[/URL][/IMG]

I've put a few thousand difficult miles on this winter and found myself wishing for more beef on the wheel. So I picked up a cover though AliExpress and spent a few hours installing it yesterday. I'm not completely done as I need to fix where the wheel meets the posts.

The cover itself is of very good quality and they offered different colored threads - I chose the black thread. It was a good decision as black on black hides mistakes in stitching. I'm obviously not a professional as it's not a perfect installation but for a $25 overall cost, it's very good.

Driving: I like this much better than the stock cover. It simply offers more beef to grip and it feels great.
Looks great, Benton! Mind posting a link to the actual product on AliExpress? I couldn't find one that looked exactly like yours.