2012 Sportwagon electronics problem.

keyfarms

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
My 2012 Sportwagon battery was dead the other morning when I tried to start it. I boosted it off and drove it all day long. However I've noticed that I've lost my cabin electronics "Chime". The chime doesn't work on anything, not the ignition,door open, or seat belt. The clicker doesn't work while the turn signals are on nor the hazard lights. I've checked the fuses under the hood and dash.. I've searched here also to no end... Any ideas?.. The booster cables were not crossed or anything either. Everything else works fine.

rodeothecaddie

TDI
2012 jetta sportwagen
keyfarms, thats what my sportwagen did after the battery died. my car only has 12000 miles on it. i never took it in the shop because the nearest dealer is 150 miles away. i do not miss the ticking on the turn signals.

keyfarms

Veteran Member
TDI
Yep. Same thing here. My favorite dealer is 150 miles from me. I have found one or two people from Vortex forum who also had the problem.. But no one has found a fix yet.. I really liked the audible noise the turn signals made, I liked knowing when they were on. But not to the point of spending a few hundred dollars on them fixing it!! LOL

pknopp

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Just a suggestion. It's raining and I'm not going out to look right now but have you scrolled through the MFD to see whether or not there is something to turn on?

keyfarms

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah. I've checked the MFD and also played around with Vag Com and couldnt figure it out.. Also. I run this car over the road for hire so I put ALOT of miles on it. Thanks

P0234

Veteran Member
TDI
11 JSW
This just happened to me yesterday. I had intercooler icing, car was very hard to start (read almost dead battery). Seems to have nuked my chime. Seatbelt, lights, turnsignals, all dead.

Seems this thing is very susceptible to low voltages.

P0234

Veteran Member
TDI
11 JSW
Ended up disconnecting the battery for an hour or so, now the noises are back. Guess it just needed a reboot.

cb1000rider

TDI
none - considering 4runner conversion
Same thing here. Discharged battery = dead chimes and lots of warning lights (airbags, fuel level, etc). Will try disconnecting for a hour.