Tuning compatibility and advice question... 2013 JSW TDI

FL_BeachBum

TDI
13 JSW TDI
So I’m weighing my options right now between hitting a pothole and having some parts fall off my vehicle or not. My question being is I don’t have a Malone dealer anywhere close to me to do the DSG tuning so I will either have to do the Malone .5 tune and then drive 3 hours and upgrade the tune then and have them do the DSG tune. Or I can get the stage 2 tune right away and go to a local APR dealer and get their DSG tuning. Will these be compatible? Or is there any other options available for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
You can do the Malone trans tune yourself pretty easily... it's a simple matter of taking out the airbox and hooking up their interface box and a laptop.

They have a quick turnaround between you sending them your baseline and them sending back the tune.

Once I had the tune, it took about 30 minutes to hook up to the car and load it in.

FL_BeachBum

TDI
13 JSW TDI
You can do the Malone trans tune yourself pretty easily... it's a simple matter of taking out the airbox and hooking up their interface box and a laptop.

They have a quick turnaround between you sending them your baseline and them sending back the tune.

Once I had the tune, it took about 30 minutes to hook up to the car and load it in.

I have a neuspeed intake on the car (got a deal I know they aren’t worth the money) so I don’t think I’ll have to remove anything to access it. But I thought all DSG tuning was bench-top and couldn’t be done at home.

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
you can rent the interface box from malone for a $1000 refundable deposit. Their website walks you through everything, but in summary all you have to do is download the program on your laptop, hook it up to the box and hook the box up to your transmission. After that you download the stock file, send it to malone, and then upload the new tune they send you.

You'll need a battery tender hooked up to the car while you're doing this.

FL_BeachBum

TDI
13 JSW TDI
you can rent the interface box from malone for a $1000 refundable deposit. Their website walks you through everything, but in summary all you have to do is download the program on your laptop, hook it up to the box and hook the box up to your transmission. After that you download the stock file, send it to malone, and then upload the new tune they send you.

You'll need a battery tender hooked up to the car while you're doing this.

I just have trouble swallowing a $1000 deposit. So I can’t combine the APR dsg tune or even kerma dsg tuning with Malone engine software?