bringing car in for balance shaft delete what else should I get done at 200k miles?

prometheum

TDI
04 Passat
The car has 194k miles on it currently. I'm planning on the following:

Timing belt replacement
Camshaft inspection and replacement if required (is there a recommended aftermarket camshaft that's not as prone to premature wear that's recommended?)
Fluids and filters changed (transmission, brake fluid, oil, fuel filter, both air filters)

abctdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat GLS
Motor mounts if leaked out, front snubber.
If your oem cam lasted nearly 200k, that's not bad or premature is it? So stick with that one?

prometheum

TDI
04 Passat
Motor mounts if leaked out, front snubber.
If your oem cam lasted nearly 200k, that's not bad or premature is it? So stick with that one?
I thought the reason why you had to stick with vw 505.02 was because the PD engine had issues with premature cam wear. What's the snubber?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
If you've used the correct oil, your cam should be okay. Inspect it, however, for peace of mind. The snubber is the mount in the front of the engine at the lock carrier support.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
The snubber can be changed without messing with the other mounts too. I think it mostly is there for reverse to keep the engine from torquing too much if you have a Panzer plate. Mine was pretty much disintegrated at 200k.