throttle pedal doesnt do anything

john hennessy

TDI
2005 vw passat 2.0 tdi
thanks for your input but access to the vagcom program gave that brake light switch was off.
there were however several codes which showed up, various ABS codes, SRS codes and comfort package codes, all too many for these systems to be at fault.

on examination of the fuse panel on the end of the dash board, it revealed that fuse 44 was missing, yet another thing the owner neglected to inform me about, it wasn't blown, it just wasn't there.

i replaced the fuse and all the codes were clear so no codes were present using the VAGCOM program but the problem still persists.

this may be a stupid question but i am wondering about the fuel supply, as i was reading live data from the VAGCOM and noted that the actual fuel supply at the injectors did not change very much when the throttle was depressed even in neutral or park and my friend who had the VAGCOM noted that even in neutral, the engine still seemed sluggish, never having heard it run any other way, i was not aware of this.

so, can you get the connections to the combination pump mixed up, like the supply and the return, it took so long to get all the parts for this in one place at the same time that i may have incorrectly attached the hoses? my memory is not what it used to be but then i'm in my 60's and the short term recall seems to give problems.

its a b'stard, getting old.

in the VAGCOM system there doesn't seem to be a figure for primary fuel pressure so i don't know what the in-tank pump is supplying either, could there be a problem there, i installed a new filter.

tomorrow i will also try to obtain a new brake light switch from vw, as the only way to kill that one stone dead is to relace the switch, mind you, they could tell me i broke the switch when i installed it.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
I doubt you'll break the switch installing it. You will also notice it will be a different color/design. Take a good look at the wiring /plug at the switch as well to make sure it is in good condition.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Here's the recall notice from the Bentley with the installation instructions. The old style switch required that the brake pedal be depressed before installing the switch; that is not needed with the new design.