What did you do to your MK7 today?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,

Still needs the firmware for it to work but at least it's a start. Making progress. Fun to install lol.
I see Autopolar site is live with selling MQB units, whats the status of the units this side of the pond?

If you want a nice review and experience of install on an Alltrack PM me I'll gladly be a guinea pig

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I see Autopolar site is live with selling MQB units, whats the status of the units this side of the pond?
If you want a nice review and experience of install on an Alltrack PM me I'll gladly be a guinea pig
Still some things to work out with the PF05 firmware before it is retail ready.

You can always call the shop and talk to kale who has the very latest news and get on the preorder list

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks, have to imagine there isn't any preorder discount?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Washed it and found this:

Heading out to visit the paint guys in a bit...

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
and not just vinyl wrap it?

PHAT-DUB

Vendor
It does look good but why did you want to paint it black?
and not just vinyl wrap it?
I debated this too. but in the long run painting was the best options since I like the idea of having the black roof and professionally painted just looks that much better and will last. Plus I had already removed the headliner for my black headliner conversion, and the car was in the shop to have some a dent and nickle size chip fixed on the drivers door that the dealer tried to touch up poorly.

I didn't go with the wrap because to do a proper wrap you would still need to remove the rails and antenna. And pending on the brand you never know how long the wrap will last. so than if you do decide to remove or redo it you would have to go through the pain of taking the rails off again.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
You're in Canada, correct? I guess a black roof could be beneficial up there to draw some additional heat into the car. Probably not a great idea for a Floridian.

Your paint versus wrap rationale seems legit, especially if you have the means to do a quality job yourself or by a close friend. I'm making that assumption based on the multiple pictures you were allowed to take.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I think the idea of a different color roof is neat. When I was at dealer a couple weeks ago, they had a Jetta SE on the floor and the roof was painted black,forgot what color car was. It had black rims, and it looked pretty sharp....

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
* Rotated tires. Found out my lugnut wrench was not included. Luckily I was at home, and not on the side of a road
* Opened up the subwoofer and added some batting - nice tighter bass punch now
* Got her steam washed today!

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
interesting about the batting
Did you add it to the spare tire well or actually open up the subwoofer itself and stuff it?

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
interesting about the batting
Did you add it to the spare tire well or actually open up the subwoofer itself and stuff it?
i opened it up and added some inside. i was surprised at how small the woofer looks for such a big sound.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
You think thats big sound you outa try a 13.5" sub at 800 watts. :cool:
Showing my age here, but why, just why?

I live in the city, and when I can hear some yahoo's subwoofer from a couple of blocks away, I wish I had a rocket launcher. (Thank you, Bruce Cockburn...)

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
i opened it up and added some inside. i was surprised at how small the woofer looks for such a big sound.

Well worth the $8 at from the craft store. took about 15 min to shove in half the bag and poke it around the enclosure. its what a 5-6" driver in a relatively thin plastic enclosure.

I just feel bad for our dog that usually tries to sleep on top of the sub when were on roads trips.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Plus I had already removed the headliner for my black headliner conversion...
Explain this to me, please.
Like, how much would one expect to pay for this? Will it hold up (literally and figuratively) as well as factory (assuming installer knew what s/he was doing)?

Recently drove a car with black headliner / plastics and oh-my - that's a sweet look!

Geist296

TDI
2015 GSW SEL DSG White with Quartz/Black interior
Well it wasn't today, but got tired of the winter wheels and weather looks like it is not going to require salt anymore. So I put these on, and the springs were done back in early march//almost there....
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
what springs? how's the ride looks enjoyable

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
believe its an OEM part from the Golf R vairant (R wagon) shipping's gotta be a bear, I'd also love a black headliner just not what it'd cost to get it.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Explain this to me, please.
Like, how much would one expect to pay for this? Will it hold up (literally and figuratively) as well as factory (assuming installer knew what s/he was doing)?
Recently drove a car with black headliner / plastics and oh-my - that's a sweet look!
believe its an OEM part from the Golf R vairant (R wagon) shipping's gotta be a bear, I'd also love a black headliner just not what it'd cost to get it.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
My GTI (2016) has the black headliner and the patterned black trim on the dash as well as plaid seating and red led door card and sill highlights. It’s sweet.

Geist296

TDI
2015 GSW SEL DSG White with Quartz/Black interior
what springs? how's the ride looks enjoyable

If this one is for me...I have the stock shock/struts with the Eibach springs. That being said the ride is perfect in my opinion. It rides like stock for most driving and keeps her flat in the corners ( driving the twisty roads near my house ). I don't track my car just like it to be funner than stock when I want her to be. The only time I realize that she is lower is when she hits them sharp bumps in the road but it isn't unbearable or jarring in its ride. And for the few hundred dollars for the springs well worth it.