Audi engine dead

Smeftahi

TDI
Audit A3
Dear all,

Apologies for the long write !

My 2008 A3 1.9 TDI model has been one of my best cars, drove well and was reliable.
last month, I had it serviced at my local mechanic and things did not feel the same straight after that. I felt like power was lacking and it was making some noise when I drive for +1hr. This noise reminded me of an exhaust before it breaks.

Few trips to the mechanic, I was told they straightened the brakes and changed fuel filter. 2 weeks later while driving, I felt car started suddenly rocking, then I got a very clear noise from the engine. I drove back to the mechanic who changed an injector, but that was not enough...I was told the engine was dead and I should replace it.

Is this a known A3 fault or has my mechanic triggered something while servicing the car ? Has fuel pump change caused injector failure ?

I have always used good clean Diesel and additive every 2000Km. Now am reluctant to go Audi, VW or Skoda.

Any input would be great help !

TIA

/Sam

ffemtp

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS TDI Deceased 11/2012, 2004 Jetta GL TDI Sold, 2012 Jetta TDI (Retruned to VW), 2004 Jetta TDI GLS 5spd
What did the "mechanic" say was wrong with the engine? Did they give you any written explanation of what the issue is?

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
You aluded to fuel pump change? My 1st suspicion is improper timing of either or both Fuel pump or timing belt improperly timed. That would give bad power, drivability, improper compression readings... All sorts of issues.