What did you do to your MK7 today?

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I had a code stored for my horn too, intermittent fault.

And thats ****. Warranty should begin upon the date the title is signed, not production.

These cars would be half out of warranty just sitting in the parking lot.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Anyone know the differences or updates between a and b?

They installed b in my car, and is expensive according to invoice.

Prices are all over the place, so at the least I'd like to figure out if revision b is any better at the minimum.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I finally replaced the washer jet nozzle that's stupidly located in the high mount brake light. I think I broke the tip off sometime late last winter scraping ice off window, coulda been a car wash, don't know. Around $25 for the nozzle itself. When I got the 30k service last month, the tech noticed it and figured up a quote-$231:eek:, didn't see if that was whole new light assembly or just the nozzle. Best way to get brake light out was use those plastic trim panel tools(set of 5 from Harbor Freight around $7) to work light out from top. Biggest PITA was releasing the old nozzle from housing. The hose is held on by a clip that slides off, then just pull hose off. I also treated all door seals with some glycerin, and sprayed some wd-40 on the hinges. Topped off the washer fluid.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
My horn went caput today as well, but I lost low tone. Went out milliseconds after I pressed it. Sounds pitiful now.

Maybe has to do with cold weather?
Don't know. All I know is it drives me nuts and I consider it a safety issue, as it isn't loud. When I was checking online vw part vendors, there is a cheap and an expensive low note and high note horn choice.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Don't know. All I know is it drives me nuts and I consider it a safety issue, as it isn't loud. When I was checking online vw part vendors, there is a cheap and an expensive low note and high note horn choice.

I'm at 40k miles, so I'll have to purchase outside of my b2b warranty.

And yeah, ouch on the prices. Hella supertones are way cheap but the install looks cumbersome.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
I'm at 40k miles, so I'll have to purchase outside of my b2b warranty.

And yeah, ouch on the prices. Hella supertones are way cheap but the install looks cumbersome.
Go for fun and put in an air horn?

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Does it annoy anyone else that you cannot just beep the horn by bumping your fist or palm on the central airbag area? I have to really lay into it to even get mine to sound.

so far I think I still have both notes, my lock noise doesn't sound any different than it always has.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Does it annoy anyone else that you cannot just beep the horn by bumping your fist or palm on the central airbag area? I have to really lay into it to even get mine to sound.
so far I think I still have both notes, my lock noise doesn't sound any different than it always has.
When you lose low it's obvious. My car sings castro now. It's so pitiful.

armyschus

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI, Blue Silk Metalic, 6M
installed a Frost heater. Not a fun install but like starting cold mornings with a warm car.

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
30min of highway driving, never went higher.
Even started to get down once I pulled in my driveway.

-18c = -0.4°F

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Mine does the same.

Now this new heater core can pull serious BTUs off the coolant system..

Itll drop like a rock when parked and heat on high.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Id be concerned about the thermostat/coolant pumps if the needle stays that way if fans are on 1 and heat is set for 65-70/medium.

Our Passat in single digit temps will take a while for the oil to get up to temp and it doesn't start registering (120F) on the MFD until the coolant gauge gets to about "10 o'clock", granted the HVAC is throwing worthwhile heat at this time.

TDI_Dan

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW 6M MKVII, 2011 Golf TDI 6M (bought back)
Oil change on my GSW. What a pita compared to my former mkvi. No more top side change. This finishes the last of my 40k service before the weather goes sideways. Also noticed the horn doesn't sound right. Not sure which is out.

Next will be having a second key made, and window tint.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Oil change on my GSW. What a pita compared to my former mkvi. No more top side change. This finishes the last of my 40k service before the weather goes sideways. Also noticed the horn doesn't sound right. Not sure which is out.

Next will be having a second key made, and window tint.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Another horn out? Maybe VW needs to be fixing this for free for those of us over 3/36.

And yeah, bottom side change kinda sucks.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
In my 20 years of driving ive probably used my horn maybe 5 times. Train horns would be nice when a horn is actually needed.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, the trip to dealer to get horn fixed was a bust. They didn't have it in stock, so another week and a half with a half ass horn:mad::mad::mad:. Told them they can put it in when I bring it back for the phase 2 on the 26th, and I don't know if that's going to be just the reprogram or the parts replacing one. I was told to bring insurance and credit card for loaner( I sure as hell not gonna pay if it's not the super long time fix)....

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Well, the trip to dealer to get horn fixed was a bust. They didn't have it in stock, so another week and a half with a half ass horn:mad::mad::mad:. Told them they can put it in when I bring it back for the phase 2 on the 26th, and I don't know if that's going to be just the reprogram or the parts replacing one. I was told to bring insurance and credit card for loaner( I sure as hell not gonna pay if it's not the super long time fix)....
I had to do the insurance and credit card too. No charge as long as car is returned clean, unharmed and full of fuel.

armando_m

TDI
2016 Golf sportwagen
unibrace ubq

Got the unibrace ubq and xdq parts from a friend that sold his gti
I ask him to let me try the parts if I liked it I'll pay him
I have installer the under body part and wow, everything feels more precise on the sportwagen , I mean, I'm on stock suspension, 16" continental tires and the car did improve, from driving slow to a very enjoyable fast sprint through a curvy road, can't explain it but also feels it accelerates and brakes better, I'm quite happy
I'm waiting on the xdq fasteners and bolts to install that part
A very nice Christmas present for my tdi

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
^ Hmm interesting it makes that much of a difference!

I changed the DSG fluid, fuel filter and oil/filter @113k mi.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
I have installer the under body part and wow, everything feels more precise on the sportwagen , I mean, I'm on stock suspension, 16" continental tires and the car did improve, from driving slow to a very enjoyable fast sprint through a curvy road, can't explain it but also feels it accelerates and brakes better, I'm quite happy
$1000 for the set the imporvement cant be that good.

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
Youve got some miles on your car. Hows everything? Any "high milage" issues with the car?
I bought it with 100k on it! It was a gift for my wife, but she can't get past the non-memory seats (and she thinks its a smog machine)... So I inherited it to commute in and got her a CPO Outback (with all the bells and whistles...)
No issues of note other than a rattle in the center console. I"m just trying to do some PM as it was dealer serviced and I'm not 100% confident everything was done as it should be. The oil was at the bottom of the stick when I changed it so I need to keep an eye on that.

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
Looks like the xdq defeat the purpose of a wagon...

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Looks like the xdq defeat the purpose of a wagon...
Depends on your use of a wagon ;) Sleeper

But yeah internal cross brace is no go here too. Kinda really want to get the strut tower brace next time they go on sale (missed the black friday sales).