How long are people waiting on previous claims

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
I have a buyback car and a fix car that have been sitting for a long time waiting on previous claims and no movement at all. The claim for the fix car is over 6 months old and the buyback car is 4 months. How can they not figure out they are fake claims in that amount of time.

johtdi

TDI
Jetta
Claim Delays

Many of us have this delay, clear, rebuit, salvage, only thing to do is put it on record for now.

Here are all of the emails addresses, if you haven't already please write a quick note advise you are delayed or no response, anything is better than nothing. If anyone else has other email address of others to include on this please let me know i will update this post.

If you haven't received a response from all on this list, email them again, they have to know we will not go away if they keep ignoring us.

Vw willfully accepted all brands of titles with accident history early last year, many made purchases because of this, the smoke show, delay game has gone on long enough. Lets all do our part in any way we possibly can.

EPA Emails:
OTAQ@epa.gov

Iddings.Brianna@epa.gov

FTC Email: jcohen2@ftc.gov

COURT APPOINTED CLAIMS SUPERVISOR
john.hays@ankura.com
THE CRC
crc@vwcourtsettlement.com

LEAD ATTORNEY Class Counsel
pgnguyen@lchb.com
ecabraser@lchb.com

Claims Supervisor Reports:

http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/crb/vwmdl/claims-reports

Updates:
http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/crb/vwmdl

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
Mine are clear title. I get the whole salvage title situation but clear titles are a different situation.

marmur99

TDI
2014 Beetle DSG Sun+Sound+Nav; 2015 Touareg Lux
My case had been sitting on step 15 since August until a few days ago when I got an offer letter in mail. Their portal still shows step 15 though, so I am guessing cases with previous owners or fake claims go through some other, more manual process.

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
Has anyone who has a car that you know (and can prove) has had no "previous owners" eligible for a claim, but the offer from VW/Audi was for the lower amount as if it had a "previous owner," successfully had their claim amount appealed and corrected, with a new offer provided?

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Has anyone who has a car that you know (and can prove) has had no "previous owners" eligible for a claim, but the offer from VW/Audi was for the lower amount as if it had a "previous owner," successfully had their claim amount appealed and corrected, with a new offer provided?
Not yet. I asked about few months ago and I was told that they are still working on it

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
Motodude, are they holding off on giving you an offer while they investigate the false claims, or did they initially give you an offer of the wrong amount, and you objected?

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
Motodude, are they holding off on giving you an offer while they investigate the false claims, or did they initially give you an offer of the wrong amount, and you objected?
On the buyback they have not given me an offer letter. The fix the previous owner took the first half payment and was paid and I tried to schedule the fix and they said I couldnt because of other claims. We filed the claim in august on that one. the fix one makes no sense because other claims wouldnt matter for the fix, we have the car and title so obviously no one else could claim that. Both are in qualification stage.

Last edited:

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
On the buyback they have not given me an offer letter. The fix the previous owner took the first half payment and was paid and I tried to schedule the fix and they said I couldnt because of other claims. We filed the claim in august on that one. the fix one makes no sense because other claims wouldnt matter for the fix, we have the car and title so obviously no one else could claim that. Both are in qualification stage.
I have 10 claims like this. They just sit and sit with no action on VWs part. I'm in daily contact with the PSC attorney team trying to get a resolution, no luck to this point.

The problem is that the PSC attorneys won't be forceful with VW at all. VW agreed to a binding legal settlement and is failing to meet required deadlines. Instead of pushing for punitive damages or escalating to the judge, the PSC is content (possibly because they already got paid) to email and conference call with VW attorneys, accomplishing nothing.

We (not VW) are being punished for VWs lack of planning and inability to deal with a problem of their own creation. Pretty frustrating. There is no real solution at this time, other than maybe hiring your own attorney to file a complaint or something. FTC complaints fall on deaf ears, complaints to the claims review team at Ankura are not responded to, and the PSC is ineffective.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
I have 10 claims like this. They just sit and sit with no action on VWs part. I'm in daily contact with the PSC attorney team trying to get a resolution, no luck to this point.

The problem is that the PSC attorneys won't be forceful with VW at all. VW agreed to a binding legal settlement and is failing to meet required deadlines. Instead of pushing for punitive damages or escalating to the judge, the PSC is content (possibly because they already got paid) to email and conference call with VW attorneys, accomplishing nothing.

We (not VW) are being punished for VWs lack of planning and inability to deal with a problem of their own creation. Pretty frustrating. There is no real solution at this time, other than maybe hiring your own attorney to file a complaint or something. FTC complaints fall on deaf ears, complaints to the claims review team at Ankura are not responded to, and the PSC is ineffective.
What is your longest wait on one of those 10? My one car is over 6 months which seems ridiculous.

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
I was told you can go ahead have the fix done if that's your plan and VW will send you an offer letter in the mail and pay you the money later.

The dealer got the go-ahead from VW to do the fix after I sent in the car. The fix was done but no fix money showed up yet, of course. Am I being foolish?

tenacious84

TDI
'13 Passat SEL
agree with everything you said. 6 months waiting on mine, total b.s. My gen 1 2.0 claim at the beginning of all this went faster and that was during the initial rush of a significantly higher population

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
I was told you can go ahead have the fix done if that's your plan and VW will send you an offer letter in the mail and pay you the money later.

The dealer got the go-ahead from VW to do the fix after I sent in the car. The fix was done but no fix money showed up yet, of course. Am I being foolish?

I took me car in for fix without knowing claim wasnt valid(car is in my wifes name) and they would not perform the fix without claim being done. They kept it for 5 days and had many calls w audi until they came to that conclusion. I would not have them have done the fix and then have to wait for money. That is ridiculous

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
What is your longest wait on one of those 10? My one car is over 6 months which seems ridiculous.
All are from July/Aug, so a similar amount of time. Interestingly enough, the latest claims status report by Ankura indicates that there are only 125 of these claims (as of mid-December 2017). So I have 8% of all of these claims (and there aren't even very many of them), yet nothing is being done to progress toward a resolution on VW's side.

I'm in constant contact with the PSC attorneys, but they are largely worthless. Instead of being aggressive with VW's attorneys, they just tell me that nothing can be done until VW and VW's attorneys decide to do it. Ridiculous.

They've told me that I can bring the cars in and have them fixed sans offer letter, but when I do, the local Audi and Porsche dealers say they can't get the computer systems to recognize my claim, so it's just a huge time suck. This process is so poorly designed (as usual) and VW is in coming up with a solution (also as usual). Pretty dumb that we are being punished for VWs lack of planning and slow action - they agreed to certain settlement dates and just aren't hitting them because there are no penalties for failure to comply (or rather, no one is enforcing the penalties initially laid out).

Last edited:

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
The hotline did tell me they have 1 group of 3 people working on all these claims 1 at a time. Seems silly they only have 1 group of 3 people to handle that many claims. I guess each claim is a lengthy process.

Mxrado

TDI
Audi Q7 Cayenne
All are from July/Aug, so a similar amount of time. Interestingly enough, the latest claims status report by Ankura indicates that there are only 125 of these claims (as of mid-December 2017). So I have 8% of all of these claims (and there aren't even very many of them), yet nothing is being done to progress toward a resolution on VW's side.

I'm in constant contact with the PSC attorneys, but they are largely worthless. Instead of being aggressive with VW's attorneys, they just tell me that nothing can be done until VW and VW's attorneys decide to do it. Ridiculous.

They've told me that I can bring the cars in and have them fixed sans offer letter, but when I do, the local Audi and Porsche dealers say they can't get the computer systems to recognize my claim, so it's just a huge time suck. This process is so poorly designed (as usual) and VW is in coming up with a solution (also as usual). Pretty dumb that we are being punished for VWs lack of planning and slow action - they agreed to certain settlement dates and just aren't hitting them because there are no penalties for failure to comply (or rather, no one is enforcing the penalties initially laid out).
I am in the same situation. I bought a Q7 showing full restitution in August 2017. I filed the claim and I’ve been stuck in step 15 without offer letter. Since November they’ve have escalated, gone for review again, expedited, review again. Then they told me what they’ve told you guys. Take it in for the fix then you’ll get an offer letter. Well I take it in for a fix and they said they can’t do it as VW won’t let them in their system. Then back to “escalating it” and the supervisor says they never were supposed to tell us to take it in without an offer letter. But I’m not the only one that’s been told this, so obviously something is wrong in their methods.

Now they told me they approved my offer letter back in Jan 19 and usually take 10 days to be emailed out, as it has to be reviewed yet again. It’s a cumbersome process and pain in the ass. Aud is definitely disappointed me. I will probably get rid of it after I get paid. Extremely frustrating...

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
I took me car in for fix without knowing claim wasnt valid(car is in my wifes name) and they would not perform the fix without claim being done. They kept it for 5 days and had many calls w audi until they came to that conclusion. I would not have them have done the fix and then have to wait for money. That is ridiculous
So this morning I went to the claim website and it asks me for the repair order for the fixed cars without an offer letter when being brought in for repair. I uploaded the invoice from my dealer and hopefully an offer will arrive soon. The fix was done on Jan. 24th.

I think the advantage of fixing it without an offer in hand is to push VW to give us an offer and it could expedite the process, especially if you want/need to unload the car earlier. I am not sure whether your compensation money will get lost. Highly unlikely, though.

Last edited:

marmur99

TDI
2014 Beetle DSG Sun+Sound+Nav; 2015 Touareg Lux
I would be careful with getting the fix without the offer letter. Here's what my offer letter says on the first page:
Please note: if you obtain an Emission Compliant Repair before accepting your offer, you will no longer have an Eligible Vehicle under the Class Action Settlement. Nonetheless, you may still be eligible to receive a payment associated with the Emission Compliant Repair...

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
I would be careful with getting the fix without the offer letter. Here's what my offer letter says on the first page:
I had the fix done before I had the offer letter. All went well. I had to submit the work order to prove the fix was applied. Then the documents were reviewed and I was sent the offer letter which was $200.00 and some change less then what I was told in 2016. Big deal. Payment was made within 3 business days.

tenacious84

TDI
'13 Passat SEL
Just got the offer letter in the mail today dated 1/15/2018. I then check the portal and it is still stuck on step 15. ***, it doesn't take 20 days to mail something and there is no reasonable explanation this couldn't be done on the portal. Just stupid.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
Just got the offer letter in the mail today dated 1/15/2018. I then check the portal and it is still stuck on step 15. ***, it doesn't take 20 days to mail something and there is no reasonable explanation this couldn't be done on the portal. Just stupid.
How long have you been waiting on step 15?

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
Well I received the offer letter in the mail too.

Norarized it and sent it back in the pre-paid express UPS envelope. I was also required to upload the repair order on the claim portal. No response yet so far.

Don't know why they have this duplicate thing going.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
I called about a month ago and was told someone had a made a claim and was paid half the money. I called today and the lady said no, no one has been paid and no previous claim has been valid yet. I said are you sure, i was told the first payment was already paid to the previous owner but she said no, no one has been paid on this claim at all.

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
Per PSC attorneys, all partial claims should be cleared and offer letters issued by 2/22. We'll see.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
Per PSC attorneys, all partial claims should be cleared and offer letters issued by 2/22. We'll see.
Does this include previous claims that arent partial claims? I have one buyback that has previous claims but they are fake.

843tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 Premium Plus, 2015 Passat SE Tdi
Well I received the offer letter in the mail too.
Norarized it and sent it back in the pre-paid express UPS envelope. I was also required to upload the repair order on the claim portal. No response yet so far.
Don't know why they have this duplicate thing going.
Sorry I have not followed closely but in the same spot on one car as many of you. Did you get the fix first and then they mailed an offer letter? I was just curious as I would consider going this route as well especially if I could possibly trade the car in now. Its still under the full Factory warranty and that expires in a few months I would like to trade it before then as I feel I will get a higher trade in offer if it is still under the full bumper to bumper warranty.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
Sorry I have not followed closely but in the same spot on one car as many of you. Did you get the fix first and then they mailed an offer letter? I was just curious as I would consider going this route as well especially if I could possibly trade the car in now. Its still under the full Factory warranty and that expires in a few months I would like to trade it before then as I feel I will get a higher trade in offer if it is still under the full bumper to bumper warranty.
I tried to do the fix and they would not let me but some on here have reported they were able to do it.

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
Yes I got the fix done first and then the offer package arrived in the mail.

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
Does this include previous claims that arent partial claims? I have one buyback that has previous claims but they are fake.
In theory, yes. Any claim that failed initial audit (due to legitimate or fraudulent additional claims) should be cleared within the next 2 weeks. But it's VW, so take this with a grain of salt.