2000 Jetta TDI Timing Belt

Lovemyjetta00

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Hi - I've joined this club to get help here in Rockford, IL because my VW dealer has me confused. Had my timing belt replaced at 226k miles, it had been running rough, but ultimately died in the sub zero weather. Towed it in to dealer, had the timing belt changed, and the next morning the check engine light came on. Back to the dealer, they stated the code of 1248 meant that the timing was off a little, they adjusted it, and told me if it came on again I'd need the injection pump changed. ???? My car is running worse than before and I brought it back a third time (2 days missed work) and was told the intake manifold was "very very plugged up". $475 to clean it - not guaranteeing that was the problem. I'm not a mechanic and although I read the forum thoroughly, am not sure how to proceed. Took my car to a 2 man recommended shop and was told they could not figure out what they did wrong but that they did something very wrong. Said they hadn't ever heard or seen a VW run so badly. No charge, nice. Took it to a WI VW dealer and for $45 was told, yes, it's running rough and the timing is off. Take it back to whoever did it...I've already spent $1800 since Oct 2006 with my Rockford dealer and just learned they fired a VW tech for too many "come backs". Any suggestions? My engine chugs so badly it's embarassing and feels like my engine is going to fall out. I Love my jetta and am not ready to bury it, but don't want to put another $1000 in it to get it running right...Please HELP!!????

Cas

Veteran Member
TDI
2009jetta
call vw of america ,tell what happen.go back to dealer who did your work with all invoices. talk to service manger. your car was running better before it was worked on by them. ask for a diesel tech.and tell them your not spending any more money.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Hang in there, surely there is a VW TDI clubber near Rockford that can help you.