One less B4 on the road

floater62

TDI
96’ B4V .RIP “Stella” 1997 Windsor blue B4
Lost my Stella this month. An 18 year old driver and a trailblazer can really do some damage. The car is literally buckled. It has waves on the roof and all the doors are tight now. I made it through relatively unscathed the bummer is the car not so well. Just wondering if there is any interest in the drivetrain and B4 parts from the rest. It was a 1997 TDI sedan with 164k original miles . New head and gasket around 143 done by a well known TDI Guy. Over 5k in receipts over the last three years. All new suspension, A/C system, new headliner etc. pm me if anyone is interested. Can’t keep it in the driveway, despite my vw addicted girlfriend. At a certain point you gotta let go. My girlfriend(a fellow VW junkie) is staying despite my plans to throw that drivetrain into a Vanagon or a samurai etc.we already have 5 more to keep up on. I know the insurance company is gonna low ball me on the cheap. Pretty gutted but what can you do. Will even throw in a new set of steel wheels that I was about to have mounted. Thought I would throw it out on the list here before giving it up and going to auction. Located in Oregon.

Last edited:

tbones

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat wagon tdi, 1991 Corrado TDI (sold)1983 Vanagon 7pass.GL 1.6td 1982 Westy;THE PHOENIX 1.6na(NOW JX/5speed) my partner's 2014 Jetta Sportwagon 6spd manual AND MY NEW TOY/PROJECT... Sunny, a bright yellow 87 syncro Westy with 1Z TDI motor
Sorry to hear
Let me know if you’re selling the motor...
Thanks
Steve