2003 Jetta TDI 5 speed for sale by original owner, Beacon, NY, $2000 OBO.

SkyWardGuy

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI
SOLD FOR $1800

2003 Jetta TDI 5 speed for sale by original owner, Beacon, NY, $2000 OBO.
2003 Jetta TDI 5 speed manual with 300k miles, original owner, very well maintained. Silver with two toned gray and black interior; gray cloth seats. Sun/moon roof, power windows, Monsoon sound system with single CD and cassette player. After-market black floor mats over the original factory ones. VW roof racks with bike rack. I have both key fobs and the valet key. I have all original manuals and paperwork. Used as a commuter car; consistently got over 50mpg highway.
I have taken photos of just about the entire car. All chips, nicks, dings scrapes and anything I list as a defect are shown in the photos. Photos can be found on the Craigslist posting listed here: http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/5957973394.html. Additional photos are available.
The interior is in excellent condition for its age; no stains or no worn spots on the upholstery. As with all VW’s this age, the ceiling lining is loose in the back. Also, the shifter cover is worn and the drivers side door handle does show wear.
Exterior is in very good condition; a few small nicks, dings and scrapes all shown in photos. A medallion is missing from one of the wheels. The wheels are a bit worn and there are some scrapes on them. The front driver side mud flap is missing. Front fenders replaced under warranty by VW in July 2013; the corrosion due to faulty factory insulation. Slight corrosion at both front mud flap locations; the passenger side is a little worse than the driver side. Under carriage is free of corrosion. There was a low speed rear end collision in 2011 that involved the rear bumper, trunk lid and driver side lights. The repair work is perfect.
Work that needs to be soon and work that will need to be done at some point in the future: it will need a clutch soon. There is some vibration when clutching. It’s not slipping, but shifting is firm. Also, though not diagnosed, it may need a brake master cylinder. In addition, it will need a front axle, right CV boot and signal resistor at some point in the future. I’ve been told these are not crucial repairs right now but will need to be address depending on how much you will be driving it. And lastly, the back up lights don’t work. I’ve been told the reason it doesn’t work is that the switch at the transmission is gone. I have the old switch and will show it to you.
I have maintenance records for all work done on the car. I have had all scheduled oil changes done and with synthetic oil and all repair work has been done by a VW dealer shop or Mike at M&M Auto and Cycle (Montague, NJ).
Work I’ve had done:
- 300k miles: new battery, oil change, new wiper blades.
- 290k miles: new radiator cooling fan.
- 280k miles: new timing belt, lifters, water pump, alternator pulley and fuel filter installed, fuel injectors cleaned.
- 255k miles: new tires.
- 253k miles: new rear brakes.
- 241k miles: new serpentine belt.
- 228k miles: new main coolant hose.
- 210k miles: a new vacuum hose was installed. (If there is more than one vacuum hose I don’t know which one was replaced.)
- 205k miles: front and rear suspension components replaced. This included tie rod assemblies, rear springs, suspension kits, upper mounts and sway bushings.
- 187k miles: new front and rear brakes, new timing belt, water pump, starter, air and fuel filters and the intake manifold and EGR were cleaned.
- 180k miles: new glow plug, serpentine belt and front lower control arm bushings.
- 150k miles: faulty passenger airbag was replaced as well as a coolant temperature sensor.
- 142k miles: new battery.
Beyond that, all work done was routine things like brakes, timing belt, etc.
Thank you for your interest.

Last edited:

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
i just forwarded this to a buddy of mine, he will be contacting you via craigslist