ECU Tech reliable & Proven pls?

richu

TDI
VW 2.5 TDI T4
W-gate to VNT woes, need expert help

Hi all, my first post on here but many over on the T4 forum.
I'm here because I simply can not find anyone in the Devon & Cornwall region who knows how to conduct the work I'm describing below - I have spoken to all of the main players who say I'm talking rubbish!
Project Spec
I have a stage 2 (I guess) AJT (originally a massive 88bhp.. ha) that I'm hoping to upgrade to the euro-spec AXG that was standard 150 - I have a hybrid garrette so perhaps a little more power to gain over stock AXG (lovely work by the turbospeed boys) and all the genuine vw AXG bits ready to go.
Now, I have personally touched, drooled and ridden in a T4 that started off as an 88 that is currently sitting at 213brake, and will hope to reach 300bhp this year that was re-written with an AXG file to manage the Garrette VNT.
I have also spoken directly to the guy who conducted the ECU re-programing/AXG 'flash'....and have his messenger 'how to' guide of what he did.
So, does anyone in England, apart from the chap mentioned above ..(he''s currently building his family home and simply can't stop to ...'play vans') have the skills to perform this task as it''s the last chapter in my power quest.
I hope to reach 165-175 with much quicker pick up, moving from a small waste gate to a hybrid VNT.
I have a n75 with bulb from an audi avant before anyone asks :), & air box and ducting, maf pipes, AXG turbo manifold. An underslung IC will go in to.
Thanks in advance for any info that moves me closer to my final power goals.
:)

Last edited:

m1ketdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Leon BKD
Lots of people in the UK are capable. Maybe less options in the southwest though.

To get it running you will need an ecu from an AXG or similar, flashing vnt software to a wg ecu isn't possible that I know of. Then either delete the immobiliser on that ecu or get it matched to the van.

Of course you'll need the axg injectors too.

Then once you have it running with the above any half respectable tuner should be able to tune it for you.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
You can get a vw LT 102 Bhp k14 turbocharger, clock the housings as per the T4 and weld wastegate 90 degrees off as per t4. Add a ko3/ko4 compressor wheel and AEL/AXG injectors and you will be pushing way over 180 Bhp with a tune. Alternately you can go VNT but the gt2052v from the AXG is quite small but enough for 180 Bhp. Of course one can hibridise that to a 2056v spec or a 2060v spec with enough potential to break 250 Bhp with bosio race nozzles. Your biggest worry will be the clutch/ gearbox, the AJT has a poor gearbox and a uprated clutch is quite dear from Sachs SRE... there is no problem flashing VNT software onto a edc 15v that had wastegate file...