Passat double belt crank pulley

bwk9087

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 Jeep JKU 1.9 ALH
I am having trouble finding a part number, and/ or part. I am looking for the double belt crank pulley for relocating the air conditioning to the opposite side, of an alh, like that which came on the passat tdi. Anybody have a part number, or part?

thanks

smelly621

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf, 2003 Tacoma
I have a BHW crank pulley that I didn't end up using for my swap. It runs the AC compressor on the back/passenger side of the block, and the rest of the accessories on the other. I have a thread in the FS section.

bwk9087

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 Jeep JKU 1.9 ALH
keep in mind the main drive on the b5.5 passat crank pulley is only five rib so if the rest of your accessories are ALH you may run into a conflict as they are six rib

So I would have to go with all Passat pulleys to work correctly?

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
not sure you can do that ... the passat has a unique accessory bracket that probably holds the alternator and PS pump in the wrong plane for the ALH not to mention no provision for an injection pump ... i used an aluminum adapter between the ALH pulley and a hyundai four rib pulley to run AC on the passenger side of my swap ... i still run a stock ALH belt but have an AC eliminator pulley in place of the stock compressor

oilcan_boyd

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Sport, 2005 Wrangler Unlimited TDI
Has there been any progress on this? I am looking to run a double crank pulley on my wrangler conversion in order to add air conditioning. I know the BHW pulley is only 5 rib, but if the alignment is good it will drive the alternator and power steering just fine.

jimbote - What adapter and pulley did you use? Where did you get them?

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
Has there been any progress on this? I am looking to run a double crank pulley on my wrangler conversion in order to add air conditioning. I know the BHW pulley is only 5 rib, but if the alignment is good it will drive the alternator and power steering just fine.

jimbote - What adapter and pulley did you use? Where did you get them?
on my ALH swap i'm running a custom machined adapter to an unknown hyundai 4 rib pulley