$1500 ‘05 TDI Wagon

macdave

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon, 2004 Jetta Wagon
I should grab it, but I already have 2 wagons. I even have a manual that could drop into it.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
I bet it needs the $300 transmission solenoids... "runs and shifts fine once warmed up"

roadlust

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf gl reflex silver (sold) 2013 TDI 2 door Golf Blue Graphite Metallic 6MT Premium Package.
I am interested, couple of questions. Does the tranny need to be removed to replace the solenoids and how hardy are the o9a's?

Isn't there a problem with the harmonic blancer on the 05's?

Last edited:

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
I am interested, couple of questions. Does the tranny need to be removed to replace the solenoids and how hardy are the o9a's?

Isn't there a problem with the harmonic blancer on the 05's?
Solenoid can be replaces with tranny in car.
No idea about harmonic balancer.

roadlust

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf gl reflex silver (sold) 2013 TDI 2 door Golf Blue Graphite Metallic 6MT Premium Package.
The owner said the issue shows up shifting between 1st 2nd but once warmed up it goes away. Does this sound like the symptom of bad sole/noids? I am really interested but only because of the possibility of a cheap fix not a major project/money pit.

I am shopping for a car to replace my Golf after the buy back in a couple of weeks.

tdi-eyed

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 Jetta Wagon
Dont know of any issues with HB on these .... most of time it is the solenoids with abrupt and delayed shifting like this, but it is impossible for anyone to diagnose and give you 100% assurance on-line. Solenoids are cheap, but finding someone willing to do it is another issue. Zahn Tech in seattle area?

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
It’s gone. Somebody got it already.

roadlust

Veteran Member
TDI
Oh well, it was close to a 200mi drive (one way). I wanted to have a phone conversation with the seller before I made that much of an effort but never heard back from him last night.

I now know more about the auto tranny (much prefer manual) for future purchase when a good deal comes up.

Thanks you all for your time and help!