2013 Jetta tdi Malone stage 2

Spravecek

TDI
2013 jetta TDI Premium 2014 premium tdi
Can't really see my self getting rid of the Jetta yet.

I live in Indiana where we don't have have strict regulations or emission testing in my county.

Can I not do anything at all and be able to keep my car? I don't want to be paid off

Any problems with me just keeping my car?

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Have you read anything here on this forum?? It explains all the info you need..please just take a look and you will find it in no time at all!

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
Turned in my 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition to VW, DSG, Nav, Sunroof / Replaced with a 2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Can't really see my self getting rid of the Jetta yet.

I live in Indiana where we don't have have strict regulations or emission testing in my county.

Can I not do anything at all and be able to keep my car? I don't want to be paid off

Any problems with me just keeping my car?
From what I understand, you have 3 choices (and you, like me, haven't decided yet either). They are:

1. Have VW buy back your Jetta and receive a combined restitution & buy-back payment
  2. Have VW fix your Jetta and receive a restitution payment
  3. Do nothing and continue running you Jetta and get no payment
I'm more struggling between the first 2 options. In your case, if you do nothing and keep yours, you will have to deal with potential emissions problems down the road that won't have an extended warranty to pick up the cost of repairs. That and, and least for your NOx catalyst, you will have a part that is likely no longer going to be available through VW to replace should yours fail.

If you get the fix, you get a pretty generous emissions and engine extended warranty, plus you get at least $5,100.00 in restitution payment that is very favorable (although in many threads, there are issues surfacing going into the fix process, or coming out of, that is eating away at some of that restitution value for those getting fixes). Pretty sure you couldn't trade in an unfixed VW TDI for a different car at a dealer, at least I don't think the dealer would be allowed to sell an unfixed VW TDI if they did take it in for a trade, so I doubt a dealer would accept it.

Things to ponder. But you do have these choices.

Spravecek

TDI
2013 jetta TDI Premium 2014 premium tdi
That's a much better answer I was looking for. I was reading how they possibly wouldn't even accept a tuned Jetta with no dpf or catalyst. if they did I wouldn't possible have to pay for the additional parts. I love the car I'd like to hear from someone who turned their tuned car in and received payment before I decide. Getting paid top dollar for a car that's 5 years old Is hard to pass up. If I keep decide to keep the car I better run it to the ground.

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
If you want to do the buyback, you'll probably have to replace your missing DPF and Catalyst. Plus, your tune will be overwrote. So you would need to get it flashed again.

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
If you want to do the buyback, you'll probably have to replace your missing DPF and Catalyst. Plus, your tune will be overwrote. So you would need to get it flashed again.
^^^ Wrong.

If you choose to do the modification that would be the case, but they would not have any problem taking it back "as is" if you choose the buyback.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Multiple reports of DPF deleted cars being bought back with zero issues. well one issue they will be more than certainly crushed once VW starts poking around.

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
No reason to believe it will be crushed just because it would need a DPF to be resold.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I'm guessing VW has a list of items the car must meet for them to perform the "fix" and then resell on the open market, otherwise they'll just cut their loss and move on. The extra cost of installing a new DPF and who knows what else on the car prob isn't worth it to them to be then slapping a warranty on it.

But alas this is all happening behind the curtains so who really knows.