Anybody else have an issue with rpm bogging on rolling starts after dieselgate fix

Flyboy777

TDI
2012 VW Passat TDI W DSG
Craigtdi and I have compared notes and we both have a bog/hesitation/rpm sag when doing a rolling stop at a stop sign. Seems like the engine almost want to stall and it might be about DSG vs FUEL mapping schedules. Anybody else have this issue after the fix? I suspect there was a push to get the fix out the door without adequate testing and there may be a need for a patch.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
I have had DSG complaints from pretty well everyone that's contacted me about these, probably ten fold of the 23O6 update. There's patches out there ;)

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
the DSG does a 2nd gear takeoff if you don't completely stop so iv always been gentle until the clutch is out- but yes after the update my car has several reduced power situations- not nearly as bad as my dodge Cummins when the Jake brake is on I can stomp it to the floor and it takes honestly 10 seconds of dead pedal to come back to life :eek: The thing just sits there at idle with the pedal mashed :mad: Even my 82yr old father wants to put NOS on the thing so he doesn't get T-boned

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Craigtdi and I have compared notes and we both have a bog/hesitation/rpm sag when doing a rolling stop at a stop sign. Seems like the engine almost want to stall and it might be about DSG vs FUEL mapping schedules. Anybody else have this issue after the fix? I suspect there was a push to get the fix out the door without adequate testing and there may be a need for a patch.
I guess the car is telling you that a "rolling stop" is illegal !!!:mad:

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
Oregon uses stop signs where yield should be used, in fact if I came to a complete stop at some intersections id be for sure rear ended

Locoelectrician

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Golf SEL Sportwagen, 2005 Jetta TDI, John Deere 355D
I honestly thought this was just another OCD complaint when I first read it, until it happened to me yesterday and I nearly got hit by another car. The only difference I see is yours is a 12 and mine is a NOS 15. Light was yellow and the car in front of me was hesitating to turn but I was already partially in the intersection. He finally turned as the light turned red. I was moving pretty darn slow and when I gave it throttle, nearly nothing happened. You could hear / feel the engine accelerating and feel the clutch engaging, but it wouldn’t move. The more throttle I gave it the worse it got. By the time I got it going a car was already speeding towards me from the right.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I honestly thought this was just another OCD complaint when I first read it, until it happened to me yesterday and I nearly got hit by another car. The only difference I see is yours is a 12 and mine is a NOS 15. Light was yellow and the car in front of me was hesitating to turn but I was already partially in the intersection. He finally turned as the light turned red. I was moving pretty darn slow and when I gave it throttle, nearly nothing happened. You could hear / feel the engine accelerating and feel the clutch engaging, but it wouldn’t move. The more throttle I gave it the worse it got. By the time I got it going a car was already speeding towards me from the right.

Light was yellow, don't enter an intersection while the light is yellow?

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Hey! In Texas (or so it would appear) Yellow means 'mash it to the floor'!

Seriously, I swear it is getting worse annually down here. On my trip back to TX from MI (basically, I35 for 1150 miles or so, and 200 miles of 2 lane), traversing Duluth, Minneapolis, Des Moines, Kansas City, Whichita, and Oklahoma City, all was civilized, polite, and decently safe until I hit OKC, and then it's like someone turned on the 'stupid' switch and started steadily turning it up. Excess speed, tailgating, cut-offs, lane changes with almost negative clearance, etc. . . . And despite the best weather, the most accidents . . .

Might be a southern thing (although I am certain others also abuse the 'priviledge') . . .

Locoelectrician

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Golf SEL Sportwagen, 2005 Jetta TDI, John Deere 355D
Light was yellow, don't enter an intersection while the light is yellow?
Turned yellow while I was behind the car that refused to turn, so at the time of the incident, the light WAS yellow.

eugene89us

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium
I have had the same thing happen to me every time. I get to almost complete stop, then mash on gas - the RPMs drop from around 950 to 880 or so and the car feels like the DSG is mis-selecting the wrong gear with the hesitation and almost a stumble feeling. Never stalled, just feels uncomfortable. Glad it is not just me - was worried something wrong with DSG or clutch system.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
sport mode helps rolling starts as it will grab 1st while normal Drive mode will do a slow takeoff in 2nd to protect the clutch