Fuel filter hard to change?

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual
Headed to Naples Florida to repair my hurricane damaged trailer in my '15 Golf TDI, figure I should carry a spare fuel filter with as there's likely some crappier than usual fuel down here. I've changed the fuel filter on my A4 and A6 TDIs, is it any more complicated on an A7?

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Easy.

Some prime with VCDS after the replacement or top the canister up with fresh diesel.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Changed my fuel filter following some instructions I found on the web. Easy as pie and all I did was to fill the canister with PowerService silver. Closed it up and engine fired right up. NO VCDS settings required.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Another confirmation for easy filter change. Five (T15 or 20 I think?) torx and lift. Have some rags sitting around thr housing helps. I filled with Liqui Moly Diesel Purge after new filter and it fired right up for me too. Second filter change and really is simple.

1945GPW

TDI
2005 Jetta 2015 Golf
Actually the easiest filter I've changed. Remove the screws holding the cap, remove filter slowly ( while letting the diesel drain from filter into filter bowl ) Install new filter ( slowly while the filter soaks up the diesel ) install cap and screws, start and check for leaks!! No priming required, fired right up for me.