2005 Volkwagen VW Golf TDI - $2799 - Watertown WI

greygolf

TDI
2005 Golf TDI
2005 Volkwagen VW Golf TDI with (fun) manual transmission for sale in Watertown, WI. This has been my daily commuter car to Madison and Milwaukee since I bought it from Zimbrick twelve years ago. (Think clean interior - the kids were rarely in it.)
Tires are relatively new (about 12K) and transmission was completely dealer serviced (inc. fluid and new shifter about 5K ago). Also redid the brakes about 20K ago. I've used only full synthetic oil in the car for its entire life. And it's been garage-kept when not commuting.
So what's wrong with it? Well, none of my teenage sons want to drive it because of the stick. (Yes, one literally wanted a minivan instead.) There are also some signs of age: some bubbling paint due to rust is visible on the front left body panel, some other scratches can be seen on the body paint, and the wheel rims are starting to yellow. The car has also been in two minor accidents: a rear-ender around 2006 (that required a new hatchback and a little body straightening) and a deer collision in 2011 (that required a new hood/windshield), but fortunately none of the mechanicals were affected and the only sign of damage you would notice is a tighter-than-normal fit on the right rear door.
What else? It's a lot of fun to drive in the summer with the power roof and the premium Monsoon stereo system. (That's why I'm selling it in September.) It's also a large hatchback: I usually don't use a bike rack because I can fit my entire Trek bike in the back. And it comes with the official VW roof rack (not currently attached), which I used to use frequently to haul kayaks, a rooftop carrier and even a canoe (with some homemade outriggers).
(Sorry, I have no extra parts - almost of the service on this car was performed by professional mechanics in their shops.)
VIN: 9BWGR61J754******
Odometer: 178000

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Good luck with sale. Looks like a good car at a very fair price. I had a 2006 Golf in black. Your pics and mention of the excellent Monsoon stereo brought back fond memories. The blue and red lit instrument cluster and controls were my favorite scheme that VW ever did of the four different models I've owned.