High milage cost of ownership?

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI [buyback completed 14/1/2017] 2006 S65 AMG
2012 with 100,213 miles.

Ripped out DPF, ASV, and EGR at 37k miles due to DPF failure.

Gone through several sets of tires already.

Nothing else apart from that and the usual maintenance.

tekka

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Little late to the party, but I just had to replace my turbo at 95k. Bad news...$3k to replace...good news...VWoA covered 75% of the cost.

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Little late to the party, but I just had to replace my turbo at 95k. Bad news...$3k to replace...good news...VWoA covered 75% of the cost.
Any reason given why they covered the turbo at 95K miles? I have 99K miles on my Golf TDI, so I'm curious.

My car is perfect now. In fact, it still seems like new! I love it! I just hope I can get another 100K and then I think I'll be very happy about my ownership experience. I should be about done with my commuting then, so I could consider a GTI gasser.

tekka

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Any reason given why they covered the turbo at 95K miles? I have 99K miles on my Golf TDI, so I'm curious.
My car is perfect now. In fact, it still seems like new! I love it! I just hope I can get another 100K and then I think I'll be very happy about my ownership experience. I should be about done with my commuting then, so I could consider a GTI gasser.
Yeah, I love my TDI as well and hope to keep it for awhile too. The mileage and range is hard to give up, as much as I drive it. But this little turbo issue freaked me out a bit, but if VWoA steps up like this consistently, I'll either keep it, or get the 2015 version.

No specific reason was given. The service tech just said that they'd reach out to VWoA to see if they would be willing to help out. I really wasn't holding out much hope. But when they called and said they would cover 75%, I was blown away. At best, I was hoping for 50%. Not sure why, but I'll take it. I've never been so happy to pay $520 for a repair.