Check out my Audi cargo van

raitchison

TDI
2013 A3
Behold! The Audi Cargo Van!
Since 2012 I've been volunteering on the USS Iowa, a former U.S. Navy Battleship that's now a floating museum in San Pedro, CA (Near Los Angeles).

My company donated some old computers to the ship, even though these are all 3-4 years old they are still a significant upgrade for many of the computers around the ship.

When I picked up the systems from my work I brought my wifes Swagger Wagon which of course fit everything effortlessly but I didn't want to drive the <23MPG Sienna the 100 miles to & from the ship so I transferred everything to my A3.

It wasn't tons of extra room and I did have to put one box on the passenger seat but it fit it all reasonably well in my little compact hatchback. Didn't even block my rear view mirror.

Despite the extra weight (I figure about 400-500 pounds) the car still got good mileage on the trip down, making over 50MPG.

jbright

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
It's amazing how well these cars operate under heavy loads. I'm in the wine business and occasionally have to do an emergency resupply between stores. Back seat and trunk loaded with cases of wine and the car cruises along as if it were empty. I guess that's why most big rigs are diesels.