LP-EGR Filter Change

b0mb3r

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
My car recently got the dreaded the P0401. I have read a few threads here that seem to point that replacing the filter as step 1. My car is a 2010 MKV Jetta with 56K, so I would rather avoid taking it to the dealership.

I am just trying to gather the correct parts needed for the replacement job. Looks like I will need the filter itself:
1K0253120
and the gasket:
03G131547H

The car drives fine, and I have been averaging around 47MPG. I really don't want to take it to the dealership, because I don't think it's a DPF issue, since the exhaust tips look clean.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
On my car the low flow was fron a cracked DFP and plugged the filter. The plugged filter is tha symptom of a cracked DFP and not the real problem (Quite possibly)
If your car is still in the emissions wattanty mileage then the dealer is the place to go. My understanding is that they will replace the DPF under warranty but not the EGR filter.
Someone else might be able to tell you more about this problem. my car was a 2009 and out of all warranty at ~200,000 miles.

b0mb3r

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I am trying to avoid the dealership trip... I just thought that I could replace the filter and be good to go.