Tech-Session: VCDS Basics

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
As in years past I'll be doing a tech session covering the basics of VCDS (AKA Vag-Com). I'm hoping to have a larger monitor this year to help people see. Some of the topics I plan to cover are:

-Interface types / what's needed for each model car
-Fault codes
-Measuring blocks
-Logging / Graphing data
-Output tests
-Recodes

I can also demonstrate VDS-PRO if there is interest.

If anyone has something they'd like to see me cover, please post in this thread :)

Thanks,

-Jason

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
A5+ HVAC. Seems a lot of good info gets overlooked there. Lots of people come on here complaining about "poor cooling" and 20 seconds with VCDS can show you a lot!

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD
I have the old version 3.1, tried to use a new Ebay cable, Not. Can I use a newer cable? Program work good don't want to upgrade, will never own or work on 05 or newer. Also friend bought Vagtacho cable and program wants me to install it on my laptop but I have windows 7 and VM software(XP in Vmachine) but can't get it to load.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'll post the official schedule this weekend - all tech sessions are taking place Saturday and Sunday afternoons.

av8r

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI (#23rd in prod), Black. 2014 Audi Q5 TDI, Black
It'd be great if you guys could video this so us TDI pilots unable to attend could pull it up on the forum after the fact :)

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Please record these tech sessions and link them up somewhere. Hmm, Everyone that attends can record with their phone or camera and it could all be edited into a professional looking production because of the multiple camera angles.
I wish I knew how to do that...

Any members that have that skill set?

Bill