www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old July 15th, 2012, 11:37   #1
bikerboyriley
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 46 mpg
Default which rear axle beam bushings to go with?

There seems to be quite a few options, I'm looking for the best option! What do you guys recommend ? for a mk4 golf.

and where should I order them from? idparts?bora?ecs?
2001 2 door alh tdi. Ventectomy, ccv mod, Aero stainless muffler, FMIC, OMI, Street toys gt1856 hybrid, 2.5'' downpipe, PP764, 11mm IP, In tank lift pump, 3barmap, arp headstuds, southbend endurance stage 2 clutch,fuel cooler, mcnally boost/egt gauge, dieselgeek shifter linkage, malone stage 5, ARP headstuds, Koni fsd's
bikerboyriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 12:10   #2
03Springer
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Avg 50

Do a search here and you will find many different opinions on upgraded (Seat Cupra) etc. or the stock bushings. From reading different threads here I have seen some people disapponted with the upgraded ones, two stiff, makes noise, rides rougher...... The stock replacememt ones should be fine. Your pick on which vendor, the two you have named are both top notch!
03Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 16:56   #3
mlemorie
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2004 Jetta
Fuel Economy: Avg: 43-44

Im waiting on my cupra ones from boraparts, wish I could give you an opinion on them. They were back ordered when I ordered them and I think they are still having trouble getting their order filled.
Old July 16th, 2012, 17:10   #4
davebugs

I get OEM or from Bora myself. I know folks get them from Idparts as well. I just happen to get some gasser stuff from Bora as well so other than a skid plate Bora or Metalman is who I've dealt with in the past. Actually I've purchased timing belt kits from DG, Metalman, and Bora. All are excellent folks and I hear good things about Idparts. All the vendors here seem decent.

I just had a set of the "upgrade" ones from Bora to make sure they'd work with my tool.

Frankly I think they may be too stiff for me.

As a comaprison I did the upgraded Audi TT LCA's and with my summer 17's they are a bit rough. Wish I would have gotten stock.

If your bushings are shot replacement will make a major difference. I'm not sure about an upgraded part for this application - for me. Especially with a low profile tire as far as ride quality.
davebugs is offline   Reply With Quote