DEF Notification CEL

Jfishy44

TDI
2015 Passat TDI, 2004 Jetta GLS TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE, 123,000

Friday the DEF notification came on 600 miles before no start. I just recently had the oil changed so logically I figured the dealership forgot to top off the DEF fluid. Stopped in Saturday to have it topped. Notification never came on Sunday.

Now yesterday Monday, it's back 500 in range and now accompanied by a CEL. I did a bit of research in the forums and came across a few items, possible NOX sensor, possible DEF heater etc....

Does anyone have a few suggestions in diagnosing and repairing this annoyance without having it expire, towed to the dealer and pay a big chunk of change.

Thanks in Advance for your assistance.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Isnt your car covered under the Dieselgate extended warranty?

Take that thing in and dont pay a dime. Let Vw fix it.

Jfishy44

TDI
2015 Passat TDI, 2004 Jetta GLS TDI
It appears that it is covered under the extended warranty as all diesel exhaust fluid components are specified in the extended warranty.

Thank you for the reminder.

I do apologize for the multiple posts as I was on my phone and had not realized that it posted as the server was not responding.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Let me get my crystal ball and see what it says your CEL is for.

asking the internet what a CEL could be is as useful as asking which rocky movie is the best, or something trivial.

Give us the codes and we'd be able to help, until then I'm just going to go out and wildly guess you have a failed DEF heater/sensor in the tank.

Good luck!